Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

4 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

2021-2022 Abraham was fantastic, people were comparing him to Osimhen. Abraham of this season is comparable to Solanke. Him and Belotti have both been very poor, but obviously a good player if he recovers form.

He has all the attributes you want really, I’m a fan of him. Chelsea would kill to have him right now 

40 minutes ago, Disco said:

Given we’ll be bottom seeds in the CL I think getting that and a mega hard group and falling into the EL to go deep into it would be the ideal. Final in Dublin too.

Christ, forgot about that. Even if we got there and I got a ticket I probably wouldn't see the game due to seeing off 4 or 5 pints an hour in the Gravediggers.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Christ, forgot about that. Even if we got there and I got a ticket I probably wouldn't see the game due to seeing off 4 or 5 pints an hour in the Gravediggers.

I'll be there right next to you dude.

59 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Thanks for the ticket. Very kind.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Nigel Spackman. Have a group of people at BT just competed to think of the most random 90s footballer to have as commentator for a laugh?

He’s done low level European games for years and years and pretty sure he does whatever you get on streams occasionally. You can’t call him that though. It’s 2023. 

Bad Result for us Man I going out as if they’d got through they’d have to play 11 in the time we play 8 and would have 2 games a week till the end of the season. 

12 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Just about every time I watch Man U since the League Cup Final I become that little more disappointed with our performance.

Hope Brighton play the opposition and not the occasion.

Pretty important to remember that team last night is a shell of the team you faced. Bruno Fernandes is our best player by a significant margin. When you add Varane and Martinez into that and then have Rashford and Shaw carrying injuries it's easy to see why we got tanked. Eriksen is still miles off the pace as well. He's only playing because we have no other options.

If we had the same team out last night as we had against you the result is very different.

Saying that, Brighton will hammer us. Our backup defence just isn't good enough, regardless of how much they cost. It looks like Shaw has reinjured himself after being rushed back. So at the minute we only have one fit centre back for Sunday which is Lindelof.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

The double is still on, don’t lose faith just yet.

:lol: Unless we have a magic sponge to cure injuries, we have very little chance of beating Brighton and absolutely zero chance of beating City.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:lol: Unless we have a magic sponge to cure injuries, we have very little chance of beating Brighton and absolutely zero chance of beating City.

If Spurs can shithouse a win against Brighton, I'm sure you guys can :lol:

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Even with the injuries that XI last night and the subs that came on should walk past most teams other than Man City, Arsenal and probably Liverpool. 

Not sure, some major weaknesses, most obviously at the back. 

3 hours ago, Ace said:

Bad Result for us Man I going out as if they’d got through they’d have to play 11 in the time we play 8 and would have 2 games a week till the end of the season. 

We possibly would have had more chance of finishing 3rd, but I just can't see MU finishing lower than 4th after that win over Forest, and the difference between finishing 3rd and 4th is very minimal. Their next 3 league games are Spurs, Villa and Brighton and I'd prefer them to win or draw all of those, so it's actually possibly better for us that they are out of Europe and after this weekend, win or lose, they can fully focus on those league matches.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bad news for someone, but doesn’t mean they’re good. 

And that's a second string back 4 as well. :lol:

Just shows how fucking good we've been this season to be within 3 points of them, when they can bring in players like that in reserve and not Manquillo, Lascelles and Dummett.