Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, brummie said:

Nah, there's no throwing it away from where you are now.

I mean, we're literally on the same amount of points as fifth place Man U, plenty of ways we can "throw it away" (depending on what that means) from here. 

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Too right.

I thought we were fucked under Gerrard, in a relegation flght in absolutely the worst season to be involved in it. This is out of the world stuff.

now let's praise him  for kamara.....................

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

I mean, we're literally on the same amount of points as fifth place Man U, plenty of ways we can "throw it away" (depending on what that means) from here. 

You're a much better side than Man United, you've got the league position and the momentum.

When I look at you and where you are, you look like you deserve it. When I look at Man U and Spurs, my first thought is "how the fuck are they there, given how flakey they are"/

Third in the league, two games in hand on Spurs, that's what I mean by needing to throw it away if you don't finish in a CL place.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

please don't fuck it.

if manure dont get CL and that circus of a club owned by that boehly schmuck fall further down, that's the cherry on the cake

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

You're a much better side than Man United, you've got the league position and the momentum.

When I look at you and where you are, you look like you deserve it. When I look at Man U and Spurs, my first thought is "how the fuck are they there, given how flakey they are"/

Third in the league, two games in hand on Spurs, that's what I mean by needing to throw it away if you don't finish in a CL place.

We've been conditioned to wait for the wheels to fall off, we could be 4 points clear of 5th in the final game of the season and still expect to somehow miss out[emoji38]

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

I strongly disagree with that opinion like. Man Utd are incredibly reliant on two or three players (Casemiro, Eriksen and Rashford), so them being without 2 of them at the weekend and Rashford arguably not being fully fit, made us look way better than them. We're on the same amount of points for a reason at this stage of the season. 

Man U fans should be worried about just how incredibly important a 31 year old Casemiro is to their entire side mind. 

Cursory look at Villa under Emery and they're slightly overperforming XG but have been lucky with XGA.

Brighton are a legit side who have tough fixtures but will still pick up some points. Villa feel a bit more like a Fulham/Brentford streak from not too long back.

12 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Cursory look at Villa under Emery and they're slightly overperforming XG but have been lucky with XGA.

Brighton are a legit side who have tough fixtures but will still pick up some points. Villa feel a bit more like a Fulham/Brentford streak from not too long back.

brentford and fulham didn't have a new manager trying to get to them to play a new system/style which is still a work in progress.

11 minutes ago, Paz said:

brentford and fulham didn't have a new manager trying to get to them to play a new system/style which is still a work in progress.

That is it.

He's done this whilst instilling an entirely different way of playing the game, too.

Gerrard was an absolute fraud. Been shown up by Emery in a similar way Howe did to Bruce, or even Smith did to Bruce at Villa albeit at a lower level. Delightful stuff.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I don’t mind Villa doing well as long as they take points off Brighton, Liverpool and Man U. I think we may get beaten off them at VP and will probably be our hardest remaining fixture 

1 minute ago, AJ9 said:

be our hardest remaining fixture

Definitely agree with that. They'll be pushing for Europe next year and could even qualify this year.

They've got a talented squad and a fantastic manager. I must also grudgingly admit that @brummiehas softened my view on their fans by some distance. 

I'd be delighted with a point next Saturday, dependent on tonight and Brentford of course.

It's funny how I also am softening towards Aston Villa because of their new manager. I just really like football teams that play decent football, it's the game right?? I can't stand man utd and spurs this year because their football is so tosh. But i always enjoy watching man city and arsenal so am fine with them being up there. 

Only one i can't stand watching whether it's good or bad is Liverpool but i severely despise them.

But wish Villa all the best as long as we remain above them. It's about time we had some new top 6 rivalries. 

58 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

I don’t mind Villa doing well as long as they take points off Brighton, Liverpool and Man U. I think we may get beaten off them at VP and will probably be our hardest remaining fixture 

They'll be brimming with confidence in their camp, but they're not THAT good. Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool have all won at Villa Park since Emery took charge, while Wolves got a point. It'll be a tough game for sure, but I fancy the Brentford game to be the more tricky of the two. 

Seeing the job Emery is doing also gives me even more confidence in the people running the show for us.

Howe was our second choice. Had we targeted someone like Gerrard at that time and ended up with Howe it would have had to have been considered a massive slice of fortune. However, Emery looks shit hot too.

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They'll be brimming with confidence in their camp, but they're not THAT good. Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool have all won at Villa Park since Emery took charge, while Wolves got a point. It'll be a tough game for sure, but I fancy the Brentford game to be the more tricky of the two. 

Think their away form is much better than their home form, they certainly seem to give up chances from what I’ve seen.