Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

19 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Remember the days when Prem teams used to play on Easter Saturday and Easter Monday

I can feel the shivers all the way from Klopp's house at the thought of it

Doesn't seem that long ago, but I think the last time we did that was 02/03 when we finished 3rd under SBR,

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Remember the days when Prem teams used to play on Easter Saturday and Easter Monday

I’m sure I heard him this morning complaining that he had too much time between the Chelsea and Arsenal games. 

24 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I can remember games in the 80's being played on consecutive days like 26/27th December.

Corberan went on an amazing run post Bruce, winning 9 of 10 league games, but since the Burnley match they have only taken 1 point from 5 away matches, could be 1 from 6 after today, and that will probably cost them a playoff place.

I know WBA and Norwich, and Watford, often yo-yo, and many would like newer sides in the top flight, but, especially after watching that, the playoffs as they stand at the moment don't look particularly appealing.

I’d like Luton up to be honest. They have done it all the hard way, fell out of the football league and worked their way back and the money from the Premier League would help them build their much needed new stadium.

At least it wouldn’t be West Brom or Norwich.

Sheffield United and Burnley almost certainly up next season, who do people want as their ideal 3rd team up? Would like to see Blackburn back but they seem to be doing their best to bottle a playoff spot. Wouldn't mind seeing either one of Middlesbrough, Coventry or Preston up either. Imagine Millwall or Luton, man. :lol:

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Sheffield United and Burnley almost certainly up next season, who do people want as their ideal 3rd team up? Would like to see Blackburn back but they seem to be doing their best to bottle a playoff spot. Wouldn't mind seeing either one of Middlesbrough, Coventry or Preston up either. Imagine Millwall or Luton, man. :lol:

I'd actually love Millwall up just for the lol's. Especially if West Ham get relegated :lol:

Like Gateshead, wor Minstermen are finally, mercifully, looking like they've pulled themselves together a bit, after a mostly disastrous season. Currently 2-1 up at 4th-placed Chesterfield, having beaten Barnet earlier in the week. 

Whole club is in the shit again, having ousted their Mike Ashley but replaced him with a complete chancer who dismissed the popular previous manager, with no qualified replacement, and is himself now desperate to sell. Relegation back to the sixth tier would be truly, truly depressing after the relief of ending the four-year stay there. 

So annoying because there's a really good matchday support and, miserable retail park location notwithstanding, a stadium that is very much of a Football League standard. Should easily be competing at the top end of the National League/League 2.

My other local club, Scarborough Athletic, meanwhile are going from strength to strength and vying for consecutive promotions up to the National League, which would be absolutely quality. 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Boro. Like Carrick and think it's good for the state of Football in the NE. 

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Luton, for reasons previously stated.

I honestly think they would use the opportunity to grow their club over the long term better than the other clubs, even if they prepare fully to go straight back down.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Like Gateshead, wor Minstermen are finally, mercifully, looking like they've pulled themselves together a bit, after a mostly disastrous season. Currently 2-1 up at 4th-placed Chesterfield, having beaten Barnet earlier in the week. 

Whole club is in the shit again, having ousted their Mike Ashley but replaced him with a compete chancer who dismissed the popular previous manager, with no qualified replacement, and is himself now desperate to sell. Relegation back to the sixth tier would be truly, truly depressing after the related relief of ending the four-year stay there. 

So annoying because there's a really good matchday support and, miserable retail park location notwithstanding, a stadium that is very much of a Football League standard. Should easily be competing at the top end of the National League/League 2.

My other local club, Scarborough Athletic, meanwhile are going from strength to strength and vying for consecutive promotions up to the National League, which would be absolutely quality. 

image.png.d60ab217782b70d878965904df18471c.pngimage.thumb.png.55551e84a9464533d21f28a45ce6128e.png
That's a mint badge and ground!