Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Again though the solution is obvious, remove the reasonable doubt nonsense and sub VAR out to a 3rd party unrelated to PGMOL.

Clubs should have a representative in the VAR room and be allowed to appeal one decision during the game and demand VAR to take a second look. If the appeal goes through they get another.

4 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Offsides are the hardest decision in the game for linesman to make, it is a split second decision, var really should be coming to help in those decisions.

The laws of the game should also be clearer. I'd make it if your foot is ahead of the last defender, not like Isak at Anfield where it looked like he literally leaned forward or if someone has their arms out. That's daft, no?

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I just hope they learn from it. Understand the reasons behind the failure and tweak the process to mitigate future lapses. Just outright binning the VAR team does nothing for anyone.

It encourages refs to bother to look closely at dissallowed goals lol.

23 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It’s only when rewatching it that you get the full force of Klopp’s cuntiness too. Just like Arteta, he could so easily have been at least booked for going walkabout.

Know what you mean. I still get off my chair and shout obcenities at Cantona kicking and stamping on Albert, Shearer and Beardsley during the 5-0 whenever I watch it. Seem to get more outlandish and reprehensibly unpunished everytime.

Edited by Wolfcastle

48 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Liverpool are really good though. If they could cut some of the fouling out they could run Citeh close :lol:

I've always thought that they, like their manager, are too erratic. They don't have the mentality imo 

2 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

3 reds and how many yellows in 7 games? Just a bunch of self entitled pricks.

4 reds now isn’t it? Plus an extra games suspension for VVD for his reaction.

At this point the club need to be getting serious fines. You can get fined for having 5 players booked in a game, 4 red cards in 7 games is unacceptable.

Honestly looking back I think the first yellow on Jota was fine, and he could've had one before that aswell. The red was also fine. It was just the offside that they got horribly wrong, but also some minor situations like an incorrect free kick against Salah, missing a free kick for Spurs in a dangerous position and giving Tottenham a corner tha should've been a goal kick. Not the biggest robbery that I have seen really, considering that I think it was just one key situation that they made a mess of. However that one situation was just embarassing.

Edited by Erikse

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Honestly looking back I think the first yellow on Jota was fine, and he could've had one before that aswell. The red was also fine. It was just the offside that they got horribly wrong, but also some minor situations like an incorrect free kick against Salah, missing a free kick for Spurs in a dangerous position and giving Tottenham a corner tha should've been a goal kick. Not the biggest robbery that I have seen really, considering that I think it was just one key situation that they made a mess of. However that one situation was just embarassing.

The leg wasnt straight, his foot rolled of the ball making him hit with his studs first. I think its a little harsh and not an obvious wrong decision for the ref to give yellow. And if it isnt an obvious mistake VAR has no business getting involved.