Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I try and give Refs as much leeway as I can normally (unless Newcastle and I'm emotionally heightened), they have a tough job, they have the eyes of the world looking at them, and we're in a period where in the eyes of the public there is a zero tolerance to mistakes, and they're only human, and I'm not sure I could deal with the level of scrutiny they deal with.

However that being said, that offside just can't be allowed to happen, it's incompetence on a different level, I'm not sure why they rushed it that decision. I don't know why they havent bought in that AI based offside used at the World Cup, it'd clear things up a hell of a lot.

It happened to Liverpool, it's it's fucking hilarious mind.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The Chelsea one was crazy imo, this for me was a red. An accident, unintentional, but he misses what he tries to do and because of that it's dangerous.

It's weird because I don't think they've been that dirty this season, but they (Fabinho and Roberston in particular) were last season and massively got away with it. 2 wrongs don't make a right, but these red cards have been in the post with Liverpool.

Agree. It was insane what Fabinho got away with, and everyone knew it.

I’m 50. If I hear one single Liverpool fan anywhere in my vicinity complain about refs my laughter in their face will echo through the generations.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So the statement confirms onside?

Wow ... the whole team that were on VAR should be sacked immediately, along with Howard Webb.

That is absolutely astonishing.

It wasn't even close. :lol:

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So the statement confirms onside?

Wow ... the whole team that were on VAR should be sacked immediately, along with Howard Webb.

That is absolutely astonishing.

Aye something needs to change. Its not enough coming out and say sorry.

2 hours ago, Teslact said:

With only one game on, provided they aren't having a chat, they should be able to get the lines up in a few seconds at Stockley Park while TV is still showing the celebration or linesman. I've no idea what they are doing taking 2 minutes most of the time.

Probably better to take 2 minutes with hindsight :lol:

I'd put money on them not having put the lines up at all 

Just now, 54 said:

I do find it kind of hilarious that people are saying "VAR is ruining the game, scrap VAR". The fucking linesman gave it as offside :lol:

Lino got it wrong which happens in split second decisions but the purpose of VAR is to correct those incorrect calls. VAR is great (or at least the concept of VAR is great), it’s the fuckwits who are running it that’s the problem. 

Apparently they looked at the offside based on Porro who was running with Diaz.

They didn't look at Romero's positioning.

I genuinely cannot believe these people man.

Are they trying to rush these decisions to keep the game flowing faster or something?

This is crazy incompetent.

I didn’t have the commentary on and I was playing some paw patrol-based rescue game with my daughter so wasn’t paying loads of attention but I saw the goal and had no idea why it was ruled out. Then, they showed the offside still with no lines and I was even less sure why it was ruled out. I was expecting a lengthy delay but the game just restarted immediately. Did the commentators call it out? And the pundits at half time? Was so bizarre how it was ruled out within seconds 

Just now, gbandit said:

I didn’t have the commentary on and I was playing some paw patrol-based rescue game with my daughter so wasn’t paying loads of attention but I saw the goal and had no idea why it was ruled out. Then, they showed the offside still with no lines and I was even less sure why it was ruled out. I was expecting a lengthy delay but the game just restarted immediately. Did the commentators call it out? And the pundits at half time? Was so bizarre how it was ruled out within seconds 

Commentator on USA Network said the grass lines on the pitch confirms it's onside. Then when VAR say no, he said maybe the groundsman had a late night and mowed it cooked or something to that effect.

Edited by McDog

9 minutes ago, 54 said:

I do find it kind of hilarious that people are saying "VAR is ruining the game, scrap VAR". The fucking linesman gave it as offside :lol:

Referees and linesmen will subconsciously make decisions with the knowledge of a safety net, so any time VAR fucks up there's a chance that decision would have actually been correct had VAR not existed.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aren't you just making the people you're quoting's argument for them there? :lol:

Exactly. Same decision either way. Just one way is the way its always been and the other disrupts the game, risks sucking the life out of goals, costs more money and takes away human error because you cant have all that help available and still fuck up without being completely inept at your job or bent.