Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

25 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It’s how he rolls. There was an early-season on-pitch post-game interview with Neville, Carragher and Ange where Carragher and Ange were chatting normally and Neville just looked like a little scrote wanting to be with the big boys. There’s a line to walk as a commentator between objective and subjective and he gets it wrong more often than not.

He's always had a bit about him like that, Carragher too, but I've never heard either of them come out with anything as openly unprofessional as that on air before.

22 minutes ago, wormy said:

Does Liverpool winning at least keep alive the prospect of Conference League qualification from 7th place?

Yes, potentially 8th, depending on if England get the 5th Champions League spot, and who wins the FA Cup.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Yes, potentially 8th, depending on if England get the 5th Champions League spot, and who wins the FA Cup.

I'd take it, obviously. But it would be a bit ridiculous if nearly half the teams in the PL who stay up end up in some form of European comp next year.

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He's always had a bit about him like that, Carragher too, but I've never heard either of them come out with anything as openly unprofessional as that on air before.

I’d have to check, but I’m sure he’s come up with some nonsense about us before. Maybe not as obviously out of line. It’s usually just run-of-the-mill pro-Man U or pro-Ferguson stuff.

It’s fascinating to see the contrast with others. Ian Wright is one of my favourites for being really enthusiastic like a fan but always fair and honest. Lineker usually nails it too. You don’t have to be entirely unbiased, but you don’t have to be snide.

6 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I'd take it, obviously. But it would be a bit ridiculous if nearly half the teams in the PL who stay up end up in some form of European comp next year.

We’ll end up with a massively bigger tiered 3 tournament format. Elites teams get Champions League, just below get Europa League, everyone else gets Conference League, League Cup scrapped.

24 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I’d have to check, but I’m sure he’s come up with some nonsense about us before. Maybe not as obviously out of line. It’s usually just run-of-the-mill pro-Man U or pro-Ferguson stuff.

It’s fascinating to see the contrast with others. Ian Wright is one of my favourites for being really enthusiastic like a fan but always fair and honest. Lineker usually nails it too. You don’t have to be entirely unbiased, but you don’t have to be snide.

Think he’s regularly used ‘Spursy’ as a negative comment aimed towards your team. 

Not as bad as this. But in the same ball park. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He better not do a Fergie and change his mind, staying on another 11-12 years.

If I was a betting man, I'd stick a fiver on this

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He better not do a Fergie and change his mind, staying on another 11-12 years.

I don’t think there’s a sick bag in the world big enough for the aftermath of that.