Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

12 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

He’s right atleast about the Bundesliga. Somehow dull as fuck despite being a very attacking league.

Aye, I’m somewhat of that opinion myself. It’s too formulaic and to me it just seems mad that aside from Union no one seems to coach any defending and all the teams play mad high lines and full backs with usually slow as fuck defenders regardless of who they play.

I used to love watching the Bundesliga, but it hasn't really evolved in years. Bayern romping to victory every season of course doesn't help.

Always wary of clubs targeting players from there too. Take Diaby for example. Looks a talented lad, but even when he doesn't have oceans of space to run into, no one will perform any kind of basic defending to stop him. It's difficult to judge just how good he is.

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I used to love watching the Bundesliga, but it hasn't really evolved in years. Bayern romping to victory every season of course doesn't help.

Always wary of clubs targeting players from there too. Take Diaby for example. Looks a talented lad, but even when he doesn't have oceans of space to run into, no one will perform any kind of basic defending to stop him. It's difficult to judge just how good he is.

Probably recency bias, ignoring Haaland, of course. But seems like a lot of attacking players from the Bundesliga come to the prem and then struggle. 

Havertz and Werner being the big main two that spring to mind of late. I think I read they both massively underperformed their xG in Germany and should have been scoring a lot more. So then they come to a better league and struggle.

Sancho and Pulisic to a lesser degree? Joelinton……. :lol: 

Edit: Had a quick read to see if I was talking nonsense :lol: Haller, Bailey, Podolski have all underperformed over here. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Yeah but I don’t think him being there changes anything.

It does though - it “puts the keeper off”

it’s a straightforward rule - nothing bent about it tbh 

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Probably recency bias, ignoring Haaland, of course. But seems like a lot of attacking players from the Bundesliga come to the prem and then struggle. 

Havertz and Werner being the big main two that spring to mind of late. I think I read they both massively underperformed their xG in Germany and should have been scoring a lot more. So then they come to a better league and struggle.

Sancho and Pulisic to a lesser degree? Joelinton……. :lol: 

Edit: Had a quick read to see if I was talking nonsense :lol: Haller, Bailey, Podolski have all underperformed over here. 

Sane, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Firmino, Son, Aubameyang, Kompany, Dzeko - to me, are the notable successes. Might have forgotten some more. 

Matip would also be counted as a decent transfer. 

Keita, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan could be added to the flop category. 

1 minute ago, rgk_lfc said:

If I had a modicum of talent, I would do my best to hire Chupo Montings agent. How does he end up as the striking option for Bayern and PSG in the later stages of the CL.

Couldn't even do it on a rainy Tuesday night in Stoke 

12 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

If I had a modicum of talent, I would do my best to hire Chupo Montings agent. How does he end up as the striking option for Bayern and PSG in the later stages of the CL.

It was inevitable. 

16 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Sane, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Firmino, Son, Aubameyang, Kompany, Dzeko - to me, are the notable successes. Might have forgotten some more. 

Matip would also be counted as a decent transfer. 

Keita, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan could be added to the flop category. 

Was mainly on about strikers/wide forward types. As I was referencing a post mentioning Diaby and the lack of defending :thup: