Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

A few important matches in the Championship tonight.

West Brom vs Wigan, big at both ends. West Brom have gone off the boil a little bit following their impressive post Bruce surge, especially away from home, where they have lost 3 or 4 in a row. Live on the Sky budget red button service.

Reading vs Sheff Utd. Boro fans will be keeping close tabs on this. I don't mind Boro, only know two fans from Uni, who were both canny, I like Carrick, and was originally wanting them to do well and possibly make the playoffs in form and be a thorn in Sunderland's side should they meet (before the Mackems bad run), but that banner thing the other day makes me think they'll try and force something that's not there should we meet next season for the first time since 2010, so possibly hope they don't come up, and therefore would quite like to see SU win here.

Huddersfield vs Bristol City as well. The home side could really do with a win.

Every team in the league will have played 35 matches after tonight.

If they do go through then it's extra games / distractions, but then could also kick start a good run in the league.

Mind, you see a lot of 5 CL places from the 2024/25 season on here, myself included, but it's down to the co-efficient. I don't really know how it works, but most just assume England will get one of the extra 4 places, but if Spurs, Chelsea, and Liverpool (almost certainly) all crash out in the last 16, then it likely won't be as clear cut as most are thinking.

It probably is in our best interest for most of the English sides to do reasonably well, something that wouldn't be anywhere near our radars 18 months ago.

Edited by Paullow

12 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I like potter. Chelsea are doing well. Hope they go through

I like Potter but I absolutely despise Chelsea. The last thing we need is a morale boosting back to back win for direct rivals.