Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Imagine if in 15-20 years this could be us winning the treble, or even quadrupole.

If that fat fucking chunk of lard had sold to the City owners when they flew him over to Dubai to buy, it could have been us tonight.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/06/10/uefa-give-up-fighting-man-city-dominate-champions-league/

Got accused of over inflating Sponsorship deals and threw lawyers at it and got away with it on a technicality.   ALL eyes on Newcastle now so we don't do the same.

Like I said. All they have done is broke rules set by the people who were the first to do it.

Fuck, football is politics isn’t it?

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

Watched this on Youtube via a VPN. This BT SPORT coverage is sickening. Is it always like this when English teams win/go far? Embarrassing!

The commentary was absolute shite as well. Fucking Joleon Lescott running back and forth spouting absolute shite.

@Froggy thoughts on Rio Ferdinand bending over for this lot on camera?

Yes and he does it for everyone. It’s really, really bad and would’ve been much much worse had it been Rape Utd or Liverpool.

Rio should be nowhere near this.

I don’t say this because he’s a former Man Utd player and biased as fuck. I say this because everything he says is dense as fuck, and it even sounds dense as fuck.

Fair play. City are where everybody else wants to be. They play good football and have been through the bad years. 

Just wish FFP wasn’t around for our first ten years under the new owners. But our time will come. 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Rio should be nowhere near this.

I don’t say this because he’s a former Man Utd player and biased as fuck. I say this because everything he says is dense as fuck, and it even sounds dense as fuck.

Honestly it's times like this where Micah Richards is a miss. He may not say anything insightful but at least he's a got a personality and can get a laugh out of the players he's interviewing.

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Feel like this is one of the least hateable dominant sides tbf, their players aren’t really annoying and I find pep hilarious. 

That is true. You could count on one hand the Man United players I didn't despise in the 90s and one of those turned out to have been a massive cunt all along too

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Imagine if in 15-20 years this could be us winning the treble, or even quadrupole.

If that fat fucking chunk of lard had sold to the City owners when they flew him over to Dubai to buy, it could have been us tonight.

5-10 years you say. Yes, I can imagine that.

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

Feel like this is one of the least hateable dominant sides tbf, their players aren’t really annoying and I find pep hilarious. 

I agree! our league would be far inferior without the likes of Gundogun, De Bruyne and Haaland. (and Pep of course)

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Like I said. All they have done is broke rules set by the people who were the first to do it.

Fuck, football is politics isn’t it?

I get it - but the rules are there now and with City doing what they did has just thrown a huge microscope on us to make sure we don't do the same.  You read more about the Newcastle ownership that you do about City's. 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Honestly it's times like this where Micah Richards is a miss. He may not say anything insightful but at least he's a got a personality and can get a laugh out of the players he's interviewing.

I honestly think if Rio didn’t have the football talent, he would be famous for being the wannabe gangster/petty their brother of the mediocre player Anton Ferdinand.

Just now, Caleb70 said:

I agree! our league would be far inferior without the likes of Gundogun, De Bruyne and Haaland. (and Pep of course)

Yeah I don’t feel any kind of hatred for them, despite the total dominance, pretty likeable team. 

10 minutes ago, Donut said:

Watched this on Youtube via a VPN. This BT SPORT coverage is sickening. Is it always like this when English teams win/go far? Embarrassing!

The commentary was absolute shite as well. Fucking Joleon Lescott running back and forth spouting absolute shite.

@Froggy thoughts on Rio Ferdinand bending over for this lot on camera?

It’s an English broadcast of an English club winning the Champions League [emoji38] I’d imagine the Italian coverage would be the same if Inter had shown any teeth. 

10 minutes ago, huss9 said:

exactly. those who were around in the 70's were just as pissed off with Liverpool buying whoever they wanted.

Relatively new conversion from lurker to poster but this really boils my piss. 

City have literally spent less (net) then Man U and Chelsea. They have not cheated at all, no more than Liverpool cheated when they bought Peter Beardsley (sore point). Let them have tonight, they deserve it - we're just going to take it from them at some point.  

1 minute ago, Ste said:

It’s an English broadcast of an English club winning the Champions League [emoji38] I’d imagine the Italian coverage would be the same if Inter had shown any teeth. 

yeah, been like this for decades.

Unpopular opinion i don't want us to win by just outspending everyone else, as city have done as aesthetic as are (and they also *allegedly* cheated with the rules as they were). I dont want to win a league where we and a couple other super rich clubs are the only ones with even the slightest bit of a shot...I know there is all kinds of fuckery and self interest in all teh finance rules, but we can be smarter and better managed than everyone else. Bring it all on.