Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

29 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I've read this a few times but I'm still not sure of the general point you're trying to make, given the teams listed? 

Clubs will obviously want to get promoted if they have a genuine chance but not sure what those clubs, and they are a mixed bag, have to do with it?

Because you get the likes of Norwich happy to yo-yo, probably not that arsed if they go up or not. Next year with the clubs who are going to be at the bottom of the PL, there's a very good chance to get promoted and then stay up, doubling their coin. Or a club like Sunderland who seem happy to grow organically but there's a great chance if they took a real punt this year on promotion, they could have a great chance to stay up next year.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

21 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Because you get the likes of Norwich happy to yo-yo, probably not that arsed if they go up or not. Next year with the clubs who are going to be at the bottom of the PL, there's a very good chance to get promoted and then stay up, doubling their coin. Or a club like Sunderland who seem happy to grow organically but there's a great chance if they took a real punt this year on promotion, they could have a great chance to stay up next year.

Perhaps, but I think most people assume Luton will be out of their depth this season and are around 2/7 to go down. Sheff Utd not much better and have already lost to two sides likely to be in and around the bottom 6 and are 4/11 to drop, after that most trams are north of 2/1, so if the two more fancied teams drop then itll basically be as you were with the bulk of those mentioned still around in the bottom half in 24/25.

52 seater coach for the away game at Sheffield UTD on the 24th September now ready. 12:30PM pick up from central station down to Bramall Lane, drinks and chanting welcome on the coach, we will return from Sheffield at 7:30PM. £15 there £15 back... Total £30 per person. If you're interested just add our account and drop us a message on Facebook "NUFC Away Day Coaches" First come first served. Thank you fellow Geordies.

He loves a cup competition but I was surprised about that. I wonder if it was Luzern who came through last week, a similar level side, who were slight favourites for the tie at the bookies, whether he would have gone quite so strong, but the whole England-Scotland thing adds another dimension and they certainly won't want egg on their face.

I'm sure they will, but I hope Villa do come through this tie and then get to the quarters / semi's before bowing out (unless it helps with the old co-efficient for 5th) to offer some distractions later in the season, although I'm sure most of their group matches will be far lower profile than today and there will be a chance to play reserves / youngsters.

We had some real grief from that little bell end Lee Johnson when he was at Bristol City.

Gave all sort of verbals before we played them, and we fucked them 5-0* which only set him off whining more.

Spent days before the match complaining about all sorts of random shit - one of which was the fact we have home fans behind each goal - and telling us we weren't famous any more, then got all righteous and worked up post match because we'd been singing "you've seen the Villa, now fuck off home" and "5-0 on your big day out" at them.

He really is a horrific cunt.

* I think it was 5-0 anyway.

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Should move the border down to the Tyne Bridge. We fuck off to the SPL, piss the league every season.

Nah, who wants win a load of pointless Scottish pots? I'd rather stay in the EPL and try to win trophies that matter.

18 minutes ago, Bizza said:

5-0.

This just goes to show just how awful the SPL is outside of Rangers and Celtic.

Even still, didn't Rangers become the worst CL group stage team ever last season? Lost all 6 games and had a -22 GD. Including a 1-7 home loss to Liverpool.

Edited by HaydnNUFC