Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, gbandit said:

Disgraceful red card, only just seen it now. No way Rashford ever means to do him 

Way of the game now like. Gonna be more and more. Slow motion replays make them look far worse as well

Just now, gbandit said:

Disgraceful red card, only just seen it now. No way Rashford ever means to do him 

Rashford might be shit, but he isn't dirty at all. It wasn't even overly high. A complete accident with no intent. It's a shocking decision. 

There’s a difference between being late like Bruno was last season on the ankle, and getting a red and Rashford there who was just incredibly unlucky with putting his foot down while not even looking at the guy and not going in at pace 

But it wasn’t a tackle, it wasn’t a late challenge, that’s the difference here. If he makes that contact in a tackle or being late on someone, even accidentally, it’s a red. If you do that while not even looking at the player and just planting your foot while trying to shield the ball it’s a yellow unless he does it with a stupid amount of force. There wasn’t anything unnatural about what he did 

Taking my hatred of Man Utd out of it, that’s a ridiculously unlucky red card like.

Of course intent matters. He’s protecting the ball, the other player puts his leg exactly where he’s about to stand. How is that Rashford’s fault?

Why isn’t it the Copenhagen players fault?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Taking my hatred of Man Utd out of it, that’s a ridiculously unlucky red card like.

Of course intent matters. He’s protecting the ball, the other player puts his leg exactly where he’s about to stand. How is that Rashford’s fault?

Why isn’t it the Copenhagen players fault?

He plants his foot very wide and therefore that's a risk

I do think he's unlucky but end result is dangerous 

For me it's a clear red card

It's a red card like but I agree it probably wasn't intentional.

It's however part of Man Uniteds DNA now that they try and shoot themselves in the foot. Feels like every game is either a red card, hand ball or a goalkeeper howler.

He's accidentally stamped on his ankle. He clearly never meant to do it but he clearly came down on his ankle too, just because he didn't mean it doesn't get him off the hook. I've got lots of sympathy for him but I can see why it's been given