Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

37 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If it was utilised with a modicum of common sense and competence, it could be a useful addition to the game, but it doesn't appear it's ever going to be.

The problem is common sense is subjective and is pushed in one direction then the other so in the end you’ve a massive spectrum of possible judgments for any decision. It’s safest to have one and just stick with it.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Really wish we had been in for Palmer. He’s perfect for us. The physicality and athleticism, work rate but with bags of ability.  Left footed. Ah so perfect for us. He’s a Howe signing. 

I think we would have but for FFP.

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Drury sounds like he’s having a blast commentating and using the English language so obviously NO hates him. 

And yet Barry Davies, Brian Moore, Kenneth Wolstenholme, Bryon Butler and even Ray Hudson all have fan clubs on here.

It's nothing complicated, where they're all articulate and skilled wordsmiths in their own way, Drury just spits out non-sequiturs and literations that in terms of actual substance amount to meaningless, blabbering crap and come across as forced, inauthentic, and pretentious. The people who seem to think he's some sort of profound orator (himself included) are idiots. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

And yet Barry Davies, Brian Moore, Kenneth Wolstenholme, Bryon Butler and even Ray Hudson all have fan clubs on here.

It's nothing complicated, where they're all articulate and skilled wordsmiths in their own way, Drury just spits out non-sequiturs and literations that in terms of actual substance amount to meaningless, blabbering crap and come across as forced, inauthentic, and pretentious. He's an orator for idiots. 

Do you like any main commentator under 60?

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You should be hanged

I love it when people have a burning passion for something. He’s paid to watch football and commentate on it. He’s relishes it. He’s thriving on it. This is his biggest job of his career at sky and he’s in his element. I love that he loves it. 

hell. I even love how much you want to see me be hanged. 

Decent performance from us today.

Great first half, hit 3-0, saw the game out without running around energetically too much.

13 home league games won in a row, and this in a side missing four of its best players. The bloke is working wonders.

Man City next home game, mind.