Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Best performance by a mile. Desire all over the pitch. Playing for the shirt and the manager.

What I noticed was defenders wanting the ball off the keeper, rather than hiding. Shaw shouldn't be centre back like, him and Garnacho are the one constant positive partnership. Them two should be on that left every game from now.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

What I noticed was defenders wanting the ball off the keeper, rather than hiding. Shaw shouldn't be centre back like, him and Garnacho are the one constant positive partnership. Them two should be on that left every game from now.

Aye, but that's why EtH likes to play Shaw as a centre back, because he's so comfortable on the ball. Varane and Martinez have no problem receiving it and playing out. We lose so much not having those two.

Onana looked a lot more comfortable last night.

29 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Just checked. You had two keepers on the bench? Two? Is that all? 

We had three against Bayern. But that's OK because we spent £89m on Pogba 7 years ago. :bluestar:

We had 3 V Chelsea.

I see for that Bayern game you managed to get a full bench out.

I'd have thought the likes of Sancho etc would have been more of an issue than Pogba.

11 hours ago, madras said:

Four? 4? Is that all, we call that a full squad to pick from, how many keepers have you on the Bench ?That's injuries man.....bloody Southerners.

I know, I know, you're carrying more injuries than Hamas* at the moment etc etc ;-)

Shearer saying Vicario should have smothered that ball but is he forgetting it was a backpass?

Vicario should have been punished for handling it, thankfully West Ham scoring meant it didn't matter

Postecoglu is like Bielsa im some ways. 

Send them out to run like fuck, all energy, and then see them look dead on their feet on 70 minutes and wonder why. 

Add in a bit of Ardiles style “who needs defenders?” and you’re there. 

Their fans will be calling for his head come the new year. Won’t last the season, not a chance.