Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

5 minutes ago, Paully said:

Bellend!

Bloke is such a fucking arsehole. Of course it's an entirely fair point about the schedule, but to chirp on about being disrespectful to a fellow professional as he did there shows quite the lack of self-awareness. 

57 minutes ago, 54 said:

I hope both us and Villa get top 4 and either Arsenal or Liverpool drop out.

Unfortunately they won't 

Scouse (as much as I fucking hate klopp) will win the league and man city second. Arsenal 3rd. 

4th is the one up for grabs 

21 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Need Villa to have a good old injury crisis. Think they've only got 1 or 2 players missing, so otherwise plentiful strength and depth to call on. Suppose it's pretty impressive where we are with what is it, 10 key players missing.

We've been without Buendia and Mings since day 1 of the season, Moreno since last season until last week, and Jacob Ramsey since the summer until last week.

All very important players for us.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

I've been listening to you miserable bastards for 15 years now, i want you to share my joy.

Man, if we were sat watching this waiting for a Bruce masterclass tomorrow. Thank god for Eddie.

A bad set of results for us, but that just means its up to us to win our game. Win it and we'll be top of the 11 game form table, third top if we draw, fourth top if we lose.

Man U now fifth bottom in expected goals against. They're really riding their luck, especially since they've only scored 18 in 15 games, not the normal recipe for winning 9 out of 15. Tottenham are also bottom half in expected goals against.

8 hours ago, brummie said:

We've been without Buendia and Mings since day 1 of the season, Moreno since last season until last week, and Jacob Ramsey since the summer until last week.

I think you missed the note somewhere along the line when the forum was debating Froggy ahead of our Man Utd game which says no supporters of others clubs are allowed to complain about injury problems, or brag about their clubs performance despite key injuries because our injury problems are worse.

10 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

He is like but I do think, given how much of a moaning cunt he's turned into, the presenter there was a bit naughty 😂

Ngl I'd be doing exactly the same [emoji38]

That's the game these days though isn't it, make someone like him explode in order to ramp up the views.

I'm like Eddie now, don't begrudge other teams a win when we have to focus on ourselves. Wouldn't swap this team or manager for anyone. 

Great game by Villa, well deserved. Let's see the top crumble a bit! 

P.s. Chelsea are absolute wank - what are they even doing? 

P.p.s. McTominay not so bad now eh. 

Fair points, positive for you was your key injuries happened when the window was open and you could at least bring in replacements. We haven’t had that luxury.

Outside looking in. So might be wide of the mark. But has Mings not been a blessing in disguise to some extent? Torres has been superb now he’s settled and Carlos looked a beast last night. 

Always thought Mings could be a clown. Almost Bramble’esque in that he would look dominant and basically world class for 89 minutes. But then drop a right clanger somewhere along the line. 

Remember him being particularly terrible at SJP last season. More interested in trying to fight Wilson. Than actually defending. 

@brummie pleased for you mate. Got a team to be proud of. Lets hope the toon and Villa can push each other as far as possible.

@Froggy I'm guessing yesterday was as good a performance as you've had this season? Chelsea looked shocking on the ball. Can only beat what's in front of you. Man United need to to sort out that space between Amrabat and McTominay in midfield but at least both players bring something to your midfield.

9 hours ago, brummie said:

Four? 4? Is that all, we call that a full squad to pick from, how many keepers have you on the Bench ?That's injuries man.....bloody Southerners.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Four? 4? Is that all, we call that a full squad to pick from, how many keepers have you on the Bench ?That's injuries man.....bloody Southerners.

Just checked. You had two keepers on the bench? Two? Is that all? 

We had three against Bayern. But that's OK because we spent £89m on Pogba 7 years ago. :bluestar: