Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Absolutely. And while we're at it, can we scrap it all other levels as well? 

You’re pushing an open door with me on that one :)   Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE waiting five minutes to learn whether or not I can celebrate a goal.  I hate spontaneity. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There shouldn’t be any VAR in the FA Cup.  The game should be played under the same rules in all ties in the competition 

Aye, agree with this.

Possibly the Semis & Final since they're all at Wembley and the same applies to all 4 clubs, but when it's used for some and not for others at the same stage, it should be the same across all ties.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, agree with this.

Possibly the Semis & Final since they're all at Wembley and the same applies to all 4 clubs, but when it's used for some and not for others at the same stage, it should be the same across all ties.

Yeah, agreed.  I’m a boring traditionalist, so I’d rather not have VAR - but having different rules within the same round of the competition just seems really wrong.  Having the final ties at Wembley being VAR-based makes a lot of sense if it is to be used (and a referee’s mistake at that stage would be a lot more costly) 

1 hour ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Absolute joke. 

Shocking - on par with jota decision.  VAR just needs binning it's ruining the game - three years now and it's just getting worse. Awesome job Howard Webb.

15 hours ago, Mike said:

Do refs watch football?

Standard of refereeing in this league is an all time low - however they are recruiting / training them it needs to change.  They are clearly not up to the job - can't seem to handle the pressure. 

Edited by duo

What's crazy is the ref had a brilliant view of it, made the correct call, gets told to look at the replays, which confirm it was the correct decision and he then changes his mind

I can only assume the moment a referee is told to take a look the doubt starts to creep in and they must feel that they have messed up and that they have to change their mind, it's madness

VAR could be amazing but it's being operated by morons 

13 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Imagine how many red cards someone like Paul Scholes would have received if that's a benchmark :lol:

Cheeky wee scamp was Scholes. Never any malice at all. Silly wee Paul.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Cheeky wee scamp was Scholes. Never any malice at all. Silly wee Paul.

Most talented English midfielder I’ve seen in my lifetime (though I get the feeling Bellingham will supersede him).  Fucking horrendous in the tackle. 

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Most talented English midfielder I’ve seen in my lifetime (though I get the feeling Bellingham will supersede him).  Fucking horrendous in the tackle. 

Spoiler

IMG_5355.jpeg.0adcbb8f6bf4e565b69772db701a4dbd.jpeg

Agreed, horrendous ginger tadger.

8 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Hang on, does that red mean he misses Villa? That’s a bit annoying :lol:

He hasn't scored a goal since October. Might be a blessing.

8 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Best individual performance I've ever seen at SJP when he scored a hat-trick in their 6-2 win.

Would second this. 

Just checked and there’s another bang average all PL game on TV tonight. FFS.

The first two live games were shocking picks, was about to get angry about Chelsea being the late game tomorrow til I saw it's on red button and common sense prevails with boro v villa

44 minutes ago, Disco said:

Would second this. 

THE MAGIC OF THE FA CUP. The Third Round n 'all! Gotta be something romantic on tonight!

*turns telly on*

image.thumb.png.75e591be40ee1f7232dd2be38ae04e45.png

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Would second this. 

Absolute minge of a cup tie. Nothing pleasing whatsoever.

17 minutes ago, Collage said:

World Cup Applause GIF by FIFA

When I first went to watch Newcastle at SJP when i moved up there as a student, I remember seeing Gascoigne, who was really unknown at that point, swanning around with that chest out and head back poise he had,  basically owning the pitch. Would have been start of 86-7 season.

I genuinely said to my mate on the day, that guy is going to be absolutely top class. You could see it then.