Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Its not just that they're nearly always second best in their games but its the margin by how much they are second best. 

This game should be over and they should be bottom half

They're genuinely bad like. Putting aside the millennial ruined childhood bias they're a legitimately poor side and much like our 5th place season require individual brilliance and defensive luck to be even 7th.

Fucking hell, how can you defend like that?

I’ve not seen such shocking defending in the Premier League since Isak walked it from the half way line against Spurs at 20 to 2 this afternoon.

Sad thing about all of this with the way FFP is set out, Bournemouth who seem ambitious will probably have to rein it in a bit next season because they spent a fair bit last summer, don't have the revenue or support numbers, or have to sell Solanke so can't really look to push past 10th. 

Man Utd on the other hand if they finished about 8th can just shrug their shoulders, spend another £200m at the drop of a hat and pretend the season didn't happen.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sad thing about all of this with the way FFP is set out, Bournemouth who seem ambitious will probably have to rein it in a bit next season because they spent a fair bit last summer, don't have the revenue or support numbers, or have to sell Solanke so can't really look to push past 10th. 

Man Utd on the other hand if they finished about 8th can just shrug their shoulders, spend another £200m at the drop of a hat and pretend the season didn't happen.

Perfect summary of how it’s a system crooked to its core. Not even talking about the impact on us as I’m pretty relaxed about how long it takes for us to see success but it’s a joke how anti-competitive it is. We just happy to see the top six richest clubs lock in those top six spots forever. Utter joke the whole thing. The whole point of sport is that it’s competitive, that there’s risk and uncertainty 

I’m not going to be satisfied with football till the day Man Utd finish bottom half in a season. Genuinely been so crap more often then not for so long now post Fergie, but always finishing like top 6 :D 

Helps when you can spend like £2bn over that time though.

15 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

They're genuinely bad like. Putting aside the millennial ruined childhood bias they're a legitimately poor side and much like our 5th place season require individual brilliance and defensive luck to be even 7th.

They may aswell just have Steve Bruce in charge

22 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Perfect summary of how it’s a system crooked to its core. Not even talking about the impact on us as I’m pretty relaxed about how long it takes for us to see success but it’s a joke how anti-competitive it is. We just happy to see the top six richest clubs lock in those top six spots forever. Utter joke the whole thing. The whole point of sport is that it’s competitive, that there’s risk and uncertainty 

I'm wary of preserving the pecking order being passed off like its a good thing when as far as I can tell until now fans of every other club would love to see the established elite fall from grace, changes and resented and mocked protections given to Real Madrid, Juventus etc. and leagues where the same clubs are at the top and are unmoveable. Trying to pass it off as a virtue now.

Edited by Wolfcastle