Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I wasn't able to watch the game as on the train, only just seen the offside decision now.

That isn't offside imo. Var goes completely against the actual intention of the offside rule.

Just now, Rod said:

My full name is Roderick actually.  You let me down today.  You are normally honest.  I thought Coventry deserved the win today.  Your players have no integrity and your fans (I have history) are awful when it comes yo humility etc.

To add to that, the aftermath of the Charity cup final was enlightening.  I am honestly no trouble maker.  After the game there was a massive rainfall.  My wife and I decided to walk back to our destination about 5 mile away.

Two of us walking along drenched with rain and being threatened by Man U fans in their hundreds.  I confronted every one and every man "bottled it".  I'm no hard man but I would easily have taken most of them out due to their cowardice.  Fucking hated them ever since.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

To add to that, the aftermath of the Charity cup final was enlightening.  I am honestly no trouble maker.  After the game there was a massive rainfall.  My wife and I decided to walk back to our destination about 5 mile away.

Two of us walking along drenched with rain and being threatened by Man U fans in their hundreds.  I confronted every one and every man "bottled it".  I'm no hard man but I would easily have taken most of them out due to their cowardice.  Fucking hated them ever since.

I reckon I could take you Rod. 

Just now, Rod said:

I'm 67 years old and I still know I can take you.

Just now, RS said:

Love the fishing though.  I'm getting wound up here.  My hips are killing me.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

Piss take?

I'm winding you up with everything else but not this. I actually think Roderick is pretty cool name. :lol: Reminds me of Game of Thrones or something. 

8 minutes ago, Rod said:

There simply isn't a set of more arrogant, antagonistic set of "fans" in the country.  

Just now, Scoreboard82 said:

There simply isn't a set of more arrogant, antagonistic set of "fans" in the country.  

Joint with Liverpool I would say. Arsenal not too far behind either. 

5 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

I wish this was photoshopped😂 this needs an appeal ASAP.

IMG_3070.jpeg

That Wan Bissaka or the Coventry players foot?

10 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Cov fans stayed back, Man United fans walked out. Sadly the horrible entitled rat fuckers will never properly have to go through a barren period. It would do them some good.

You simply can't measure offsides to that degree of accuracy on a frame by frame basis. It's utterly absurd. That decision could made on or off depending on which frame you choose.

Automated offsides will probably introduce an accepted form of arbitration if they're done quickly, like goal line tech, and are probably the best solution now the cat is out of the bag. However I still think it's total nonsense. Offside was introduced to stop attackers gaining advantage by goal hanging, it was never supposed to be something that was an exact science.

Edited by ponsaelius

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm winding you up with everything else but not this. I actually think Roderick is pretty cool name. :lol: Reminds me of Game of Thrones or something. 

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Joint with Liverpool I would say. Arsenal not too far behind either. 

Can't stand either set of fans either and certainly agree with you on the arrogance matter but Man u spend almost whole games trying to wind opposing fans up, certainly ours. Scousers are a peculiar bunch. I like the city. Stayed there many times and the people, in every day life are generally decent. Then they turn into cunts when it comes to football.

I do find it odd that it's offside as it's an unfair advantage to Man Utd but the defender clearly has the advantage due to his body position and how he is facing. He's ready to run in the direction of the ball whereas Coventry player has to turn his body before the run starts. If anything, absolutely anything, it should be at least no advantage to either with that considered.

It's not considered though as those in charge are just fucking diabolical.

12 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

You simply can't measure offsides to that degree of accuracy on a frame by frame basis. It's utterly absurd. That decision could made on or off depending on which frame you choose.

Automated offsides will probably introduce an accepted form of arbitration if they're done quickly, like goal line tech, and are probably the best solution now the cat is out of the bag. However I still think it's total nonsense. Offside was introduced to stop attackers gaining advantage by goal hanging, it was never supposed to be something that was an exact science.

You can't measure offsides like that with the naked eye either, but here we are with a law where things like that could be deemed as off and linesmen are meant to even look for offsides like it.

Sooner we have the Wenger Law in at all levels, the better imo. 

Like if that goal had happened before VAR, it would never have even been looked at, or considered remotely controversial or worthy of discussion. That's the problem with all of this for me.

Edited by ponsaelius