Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Actually surprising how poor Liverpool look right now, so many players out of form which is strange, Salah especially looks as though he’s given up?

If true :yao:

I went to the Wolves vs Bournemouth game tonight, Bournemouth’s brand of football

is excellent and they will be lucky to keep Iraola longer than another season.

It took a few months for the players to understand what he wanted from them but since then they have kicked on to another level, I would say they are better than Brighton in terms of attractive football.

28 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I went to the Wolves vs Bournemouth game tonight, Bournemouth’s brand of football

is excellent and they will be lucky to keep Iraola longer than another season.

It took a few months for the players to understand what he wanted from them but since then they have kicked on to another level, I would say they are better than Brighton in terms of attractive football.

If we have any ambition we should take Iraola off them.

3 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Salah looks like his legs are going IMO, I doubt you get a strong full season out of him again. He’s ruined fantasy football for me.

Looks like Liverpool brought home an Egyptian Uber driver back from Afcon. This Salah is  just not him.

Funny that everything seems to crumble at the same time. Them losing games, Klopp leaving, Salah being shit, Van Djik having a go at his team mates tonight too. Excellent viewing.

10 hours ago, Froggy said:

OK... Let's pretend the pen wasn't given then... What happened after the pen? :lol: we should have had a goal, not a pen. 

Everyone stopped for the whistle. Put the shandy down. 

1 minute ago, OCK said:

Shandy down, little one

Stop commenting on things you haven't seen bozo. 

Almost as bad as you criticizing Foderingham last night. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Almost as bad as you criticizing Foderingham last night

Man U "fan" commenting on GKs... 

I'm just not surprised a few parries against one of the worst teams in the league at scoring goals, suddenly makes you think he's a good GK. 5 mistakes leading to goals this season. He's awful. 

8 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Looks like Liverpool brought home an Egyptian Uber driver back from Afcon. This Salah is  just not him.

Funny that everything seems to crumble at the same time. Them losing games, Klopp leaving, Salah being shit, Van Djik having a go at his team mates tonight too. Excellent viewing.

Being out for a good while when you're an older player can really set you back. I keep going on about de Bruyne, but he was incredible last season. This season he is nowhere near it. That's one of my biggest concerns with Trippier.

9 minutes ago, OCK said:

I'm just not surprised a few parries against one of the worst teams in the league at scoring goals, suddenly makes you think he's a good GK. 5 mistakes leading to goals this season. He's awful. 

I've zero clue what he's been like this season, but we were talking about the game last night. He was brilliant. Some great saves.

16 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Being out for a good while when you're an older player can really set you back. I keep going on about de Bruyne, but he was incredible last season. This season he is nowhere near it. That's one of my biggest concerns with Trippier.

Was the de Bruyne that came on and dismantled us within in 5 minutes just having a good day?
 Difference is he is a game changer and can be used for 15 mins and make a difference. Trippier is more a safe pair of hands so needs full games. 

1 minute ago, RS said:

Was the de Bruyne that came on and dismantled us within in 5 minutes just having a good day?
 Difference is he is a game changer and can be used for 15 mins and make a difference. Trippier is more a safe pair of hands so needs full games. 

You need to look at all of his performances this season vs last season. We gifted him that goal. His right peg is still good.

13 minutes ago, RS said:

De Bruyne, clearly, wasn't fine. He was understandably tired, and speaking after the cup semi-final, De Bruyne admitted that some of his performances haven't been as good as others as a result of his injury problems.

“It’s been a different year. It’s been a weird period – coming back after such a long injury. I can’t lie," he said. "I know people expect to see you on the pitch and to be the same as before, but it takes time to get to your best level. Some performances have been really good, some have been a bit less, but I give everything that I need to get to this level so I’m happy.”

If anybody needs cheering up on their dinner break, I'd suggest going on RAWK. Glorious.

There's even one spoilt bastard who thinks its pointless going back to Anfield this season :lol: 

It must be pretty crazy for those 50+ who've only seen them win 1 title in 34 years after being so successful in the 70s/80s (assuming they don't win it this year). For what it's worth, prior to their generally consistent challenges under Klopp, to me they were always a huge club that were mainly a cup team. The odd flirt for the title under Benitez & Rodgers aside, they were always floating behind Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea. I can't stand them but they've been incredibly unlucky to finish 2nd twice with 90 + points. Hilarious though.

I do think they'll have a couple of 'down' years now - it seems pretty inevitable to me. I know everybody likes to gas him up but Van Dijk looks nowhere near what he was to me. Likely famous last words but I do think this season was their best/last chance for a while, but I wouldn't be shocked if they won the Champions League in the next 5 years either. I do wonder if TAA would be tempted by Real Madrid too, especially since he classes Bellingham as his best mate in football.