Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

We'd beat this Leverkusen side who now make it 47 games unbeaten.

If we didnt some serious questions would need asked.

That wanker Miggy would probably score an OG. Howe out for now.

27 minutes ago, JLC said:

I'm colour blind and had to have a lie down after about ten seconds. And a large G and T to recover from the sensation and rage at the non-daltonian broadcasting cunts

None of their kits are perfect but either the red and white home or blue and white away would have been far better. It feels like they just kept going through their kits till they found the one that would clash the most.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Watkins just wellied the ball off some stewart

Poor Stewart... 😄

Although in Watkins defence, Stewart shouldn't be pitchside.

Unless he's a steward of course.

Stewart the steward! I'm sure there's one out there somewhere! 🤣

Edited by Joe1984

Dont mind it. Honestly, for all the mate/telling it like it is/being needlessly arsey about questions stuff, I still quite like him. It'll probably change and might just be because he reminds me of Bluey's dad.

I quite like him as well but I think we’re going to see a rattier version next season. Spurs are still in the middle of a rebuild. They’re the most at risk from the richest six of getting pushed out and if they start next season poorly it’ll fall apart before Christmas I think 

Ange pure hates VAR, so for that reason alone he's definitely in my good book. Seems to be incredibly naive as a manager, that game against Chelsea when they went down to 9 was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever seen :lol:

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dont mind it. Honestly, for all the mate/telling it like it is/being needlessly arsey about questions stuff, I still quite like him. It'll probably change and might just be because he reminds me of Bluey's dad.

It’s the blowing smoke up his arse from earlier in the season because he was a good interview for the boys stuff that I can’t abide. He’s obviously a decent manager. 

Plus Spurs.

5 hours ago, Nobody said:

Ange pure hates VAR, so for that reason alone he's definitely in my good book. Seems to be incredibly naive as a manager, that game against Chelsea when they went down to 9 was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever seen :lol:

I don’t think he’s naive, he just has that I won’t budge from my principles way, which obviously becomes a massive issue when things aren’t going well. 

I watched the Spurs game and what surprised me was how many "Spursy" players they had. As in a bit lightweight, a bit tricky but not skillful enough to really unlock a defence, nippy but devastatingly fast and ultimately not good enough to consistently challenge the top sides. They seem to sign the same type of player again and again. It also made me wonder if there is a "Newcastley" player? One that pops their kneecap off climbing onto the team bus perhaps?

Newcastle players are mercurial French flair players, that’s the strongest consistent type of player we’ve seen over three decades

4 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I watched the Spurs game and what surprised me was how many "Spursy" players they had. As in a bit lightweight, a bit tricky but not skillful enough to really unlock a defence, nippy but devastatingly fast and ultimately not good enough to consistently challenge the top sides. They seem to sign the same type of player again and again. It also made me wonder if there is a "Newcastley" player? One that pops their kneecap off climbing onto the team bus perhaps?

It’s a bit harsh, it’s the first wobble since they’ve appointed him. You can’t really remodel a squad in 2 windows either. 

The media wankathon in the first half of the season has done them no favours either entire squad made out to be world beaters.

11 hours ago, Menace said:

I think Spurs have been lucky that our team has been obliterated with injuries this season - same with Man U, they should be about 7th.

Aye we haven't been obliterated with injuries at all. :lol:

Just now, r0cafella said:

It’s a bit harsh, it’s the first wobble since they’ve appointed him. You can’t really remodel a squad in 2 windows either. 

The media wankathon in the first half of the season has done them no favours either entire squad made out to be world beaters.

Maybe, but it wasn't meant as a comment of the coaching. If my perceptions are accurate I do wonder if signing this kind of player is a symptom of where Spurs are in the football hierarchy.

As in due to cost and competition they have to sign players that had one or two attributes that meant top, top sides passed on them, perhaps hoping they can be overcome with time and coaching. I could see this happening to us as for a good while we'll be in the same situation.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Newcastle players are mercurial French flair players, that’s the strongest consistent type of player we’ve seen over three decades

Monsieur leungsteuf says bonjour

1 minute ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Maybe, but it wasn't meant as a comment of the coaching. If my perceptions are accurate I do wonder if signing this kind of player is a symptom of where Spurs are in the football hierarchy.

As in due to cost and competition they have to sign players that had one or two attributes that meant top, top sides passed on them, perhaps hoping they can be overcome with time and coaching. I could see this happening to us as for a good while we'll be in the same situation.

I think your perceptions are slightly off/ tinted by recency bias. Ultimately they are shopping in the same market as us, they can’t attract the elite so anyone they sign willl be something of a project or a player passed over/deemed not good enough by a city/madrid. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think your perceptions are slightly off/ tinted by recency bias. Ultimately they are shopping in the same market as us, they can’t attract the elite so anyone they sign willl be something of a project or a player passed over/deemed not good enough by a city/madrid. 

For sure decency bias is playing a role here but time and again teams do get "found out" and start to struggle. Top teams and managers adapt to this, it's much too early to see if Postecoglu can do this but I do feel Spurs recent form has highlighted the need for this.