Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

These players would rather leave their leg there for contact to fall over, rather than just score a goal. So weird.

Just now, KaKa said:

These players would rather leave their leg there for contact to fall over, rather than just score a goal. So weird.

I thought that, but tbf to the rat he would've had a very difficult angle to put that away 

Just now, KaKa said:

It’s Havertz, he’s not exactly prolific. [emoji38]

The Arsenal penalty is a disgrace. The very incident VAR was brought in to clear up yet they fail to revert referees decision. Makes a mockery of VAR.

Commentator speaking absolute bollocks there. 

Saying refs should just give penalties so they can be reviewed rather than not. Then goes on to say "yeah it looked like havertz was playing for it but it wasn't an obvious error from the ref".

Just think about the implications of what you're saying FFS. 

Just now, Doops said:

That was never ever a penalty man, how have they twisted decision making so wrong these days. Stupid

Arsenal needed some help converting the ridiculous amount of chances they’ve had.

Also that was never a penalty but then Gordon has won a number of penalties that I don't think were so who am I to argue?

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

I thought that, but tbf to the rat he would've had a very difficult angle to put that away 

Even the decision to go around the goalie annoyed me, although this is just a personal pet peeve of mine.

The ball was so perfectly weighted onto his stronger left foot for him to finish. Always much prefer strikers that finish first time confidently.

Never trust strikers that look to round the keeper, except for R9 who did it like no other.

2 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Never a penalty, that's a fucking disgrace. 

Those are always given nowadays. I guess the player is under no obligation to move his foot out of the way, and ride the challenge.

Do we think Vini Jr had any idea who Vinnie Jones is in that Pepsi ad? Presumably it was explained to him during filming but no chance before right?

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Those are always given nowadays. I guess the player is under no obligation to move his foot out of the way, and ride the challenge.

Yeap, even accidental contact if it impedes the attacker it's a foul.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

Yeap, even accidental contact if it impedes the attacker it's a foul.

Impedes him doing what? Dragging his foot along the ground? Think the keeper may have nicked the ball too