Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, joeyt said:

Is losing to Liverpool at Anfield bottling it?

Of course not!! But losing to them by not even giving them a proper game is bottling it imo. Which is my gut feeling about them today despite them having a slim chance of CL still. 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

1) hate Villa

2) Villa qualifying for the EC is worse for us

3) hate Villa 

Fingers crossed UEFA fuck them over with a group of death and some shit refereeing for daring to break into the cartel. They’ll get turned over week after week because everyone has worked out Emeryball, and finish mid table next season.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’re a country mile away from Spurs’ income.  Villa qualifying is far more damaging to us. 

I don't think that's necessarily the case, Villa aren't a threat to us long term, they don't have the capacity to increase their revenue like we do as a state owned club.

They've had a great season but we will leave them behind financially, we are the only club with any chance of closing the financial gap to the top 6. We need to be looking ahead, not behind.

Ever since Enzo has been out of the Chelsea team, they have been rolling.

Meanwhile the popularly mocked Gallagher and Jackson are putting in performances.

Really hope Enzo comes back in soon, and Chelsea cool off, because they are right on our tail.

Man United going on an awful run would be great too. God if we could beat them and knock them out of Europe man. Please God!

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I don't know how you keep track mate. Maybe they have, I seriously doubt it's anything near what we suffered. The comment was less about injuries, more about the fact I feel we're much better than both when we're full strength which has been near impossible all season.

Not as bad as us but:

Mings ACL - captain and LCB starter 

Kamara ACL - DM starter 

Buendia ACL - AM starter 

Pau. Carlos. Konsa. The first choice LB. All missed chunks of the season.  + European football in May. 

Spurs haven’t had the serious injuries but Maddison, Richarlison, Van De Ven, Bentancur - that spine of the side have all had injuries. 

We’ve obviously had the worst injuries in the league.  But neither Villa or Spurs have been particularly lucky with injuries.  

Arsenal have though. Partey, Jesus and Timber aside - they’ve had good luck with injuries. Jesus isn’t even in their strongest team. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Not as bad as us but:

Kamara ACL - DM starter 

Buendia ACL - AM starter 

Pau. Carlos. Konsa. The first choice LB. All missed chunks of the season.  + European football in May. 

Spurs haven’t had the serious injuries but Maddison, Richarlison, Van De Ven, Bentancur - that spine of the side have all had injuries. 

We’ve obviously had the worst injuries in the league.  But neither Villa or Spurs have been particularly lucky with injuries.  

Arsenal have though. Partey, Jesus and Timber aside - they’ve had good luck with injuries. Jesus isn’t even in their strongest team. 

Villa at least at the summer window to replace Mings and Buendia.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Meanwhile the popularly mocked Gallagher and Jackson are putting in performances.

Really hope Enzo comes back in soon, and Chelsea cool off, because they are right on our tail.

Man United going on an awful run would be great too. God if we could beat them and knock them out of Europe man. Please God!

Enzo out till next season 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not as bad as us but:

Kamara ACL - DM starter 

Buendia ACL - AM starter 

Was going to post something similar so thanks for that 󠀠

One saving grace for Villa (despite three ACL's) is that Watkins has played virtually every minute. Isak has missed about eight games for us and we've had to play Bournemouth twice without a recognised striker. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not as bad as us but:

Kamara ACL - DM starter 

Buendia ACL - AM starter 

Jacob Ramsey has missed almost the entire season.

Emi Martinez injured currently.

Morgan Rogers looking like he's fucked for the season now, too.

I think the biggest one has been Kamara, he was really important alongside Luiz in that side, and that has really impacted Luiz's effectiveness.

I think we've played 58 games this season, we're fucked and we're so, so tired currently, it is making it doubly worse.

Bromley back in front against Soihull in the National final on TNT Sports. Solihull fannying on at the back, striker nips in, penna. 2-1.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I’ve got stocks in Jackson. I think he can make it. 

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Villa at least at the summer window to replace Mings and Buendia.

Yeh true but they replaced starters with backups (Lenglet, the snitch - neither start). 

We had an opportunity to replace some of our injuries short term and decided not too.  

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

Jacob Ramsey has missed almost the entire season.

Emi Martinez injured currently.

Morgan Rogers looking like he's fucked for the season now, too.

I think the biggest one has been Kamara, he was really important alongside Luiz in that side, and that has really impacted Luiz's effectiveness.

I think we've played 58 games this season, we're fucked and we're so, so tired currently, it is making it doubly worse.

Forgot about Ramsey. 

Martinez has only missed a few games. And the regen doesn’t count man. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Jackson's a good player, very intelligent. Question was whether he was hungry enough or able to get enough goals to help them actually win games. 

He’s lacking that finishing ability. Everything else about his game including his movement is very good.  

19 minutes ago, HalloNUFC said:

If we ended up within 3 points of villa 😢

Not possible unless they lose their last 2 and we win all of ours. 

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not as bad as us but:

Kamara ACL - DM starter 

Buendia ACL - AM starter 

I recall the Mings injury, nasty

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Not possible unless they lose their last 2 and we win all of ours. 

So it is possible?

5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Anfield is embarrassing with that song played through the speakers

I pay for Sky Sports but am watching a foreign stream because I can't fucking stand Peter Drury, and when you add the YNWA wankfest over Liverpool, it just makes me feel a bit mentally ill.

Very conflicted about this. Would be absolutely hilarious if Spurs beat Liverpool today, however it's Spurs, and it's not like Liverpool has a chance of winning the league anyway if they win. Then again it's not like we have a realistic chance of taking 5th off Spurs either.

What is the optimal course of events to inflict max misery on both sets of teams?