Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

(on man city's rotational fouling)

It's because if you keep the ball well enough you know you will get countered on, but it may be only 6 or 7 times a game and not every foul is going to be a yellow so you may only get 3 or 4 yellow cards out of it anyway. It's cynical but i dunno if anyone really wins anything without that side to the game tbh.

Edited by Tiresias

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

It's cynical but i dunno if anyone really wins anything without that tbh.

For sure but its a big part of Citys gameplan. Cant think of a team who does it more obviously.

It winds me up, even when tindall does it, just what do you hope to achieve getting in ref's face? I'm sure it does work to some degree, get the odd call after cos ref doesnt want the hassle but it's just grown men acting like babies half the time. I used to like Klopp but even disregarding the crap he spouts about other clubs less apparently noble than Liverpool his touchline manner is absolutely disgraceful

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I feel like our players are too nice and they need to get onto the officials more. 

Think Everton away They tried to kick us out the game. Eventually injuring Longstaff. 

You literally get booked for that this season. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Ipswich left back - commentator just said he’s a Geordie through walls end club and no lover of Sunderland- just very nearly scored as I typed this. We should sign him up

Great name and all, my new favourite player :lol:

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Ref has been awful. 

Definite yellow on Partey there. Arsenal players not a peep.  Just the fans. SMH. 

I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but its an automatic yellow card if you approach the ref this season to protest against something or remonstrate in any way.

Edited by 54