Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 hour ago, 54 said:

After all the talk about our poor performance at the San Siro, it's kind of funny that most English teams are doing poorly right now in the Europa.

Found that satisfying myself.

Okay this wasn't a debut but a return after a 20year absence isn't far off that, but until Leicester we were the only English side to win their debut in the Champions League. A draw at Milan not good enough for us. Presume the others got slaughtered for their draws and losses against weaker opponents yet dont recall it.

Oooof rough night for Villa and Brighton. Interested to see how de Zerbi gets on. He's quite an idealist and I think against more consistently tactical opponents his system won't be as effective. His teams will have always leave some room for opposition to score so if you can nullify their attack then you've got a great chance to nick it.

9 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Oooof rough night for Villa and Brighton. Interested to see how de Zerbi gets on. He's quite an idealist and I think against more consistently tactical opponents his system won't be as effective. His teams will have always leave some room for opposition to score so if you can nullify their attack then you've got a great chance to nick it.

Seems Dunk was a huge loss for them at the back too

10 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The match review i read this morning mentioned twice about Villa's 'rookie defence' except when i look online it seems they played Chambers, Konsa, Lenglet, Digne in from of Martinez. Thats over 1000 top flight appearances between the 4 with Konsa the regular first choice being the least experienced. Was shocked at Brighton mind, Dunk missing seemed huge for them although i didnt watch to know thats the only reason

If I remember the teams right, ASM and co. are playing against Ronaldo's team tonight. Might actually be watching that if it was available somewhere. :blush:

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, Pata said:

If I remember the teams right, ASM and co. are playing against Ronaldo's team tonight. Might actually be watching that if it was available somewhere. :blush:

3-1 to Al Nasr at HT

Been a decent watch 

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

That was a very harsh offside decision in the lasses game

Mind the ridiculous number of games, no wonder they look a bit sluggish. Women's football are going to run them into the deck it's mad

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nice Vs Monaco on at 8pm.

Thuram, Fofana, Todibo, Moffi, Camara and Balogun playing.

Should be a good game.

Todibo was brilliant last week vs Mbappe 

I can see us making a move for him next season 

Watched a bit of Moffi and Boniface last week - very impressive 

Just now, Mikky said:

Todibo was brilliant last week vs Mbappe 

I can see us making a move for him next season 

Watched a bit of Moffi and Boniface last week - very impressive 

Hugely impressed with him last week. First time I seen him

2 hours ago, Pata said:

Dare say your support might be appreciated given the size of the crowd.

Can't say the Birmingham vs QPR match on Sky is particularly exciting, but it was the most appealing to me of a pretty underwhelming bunch on paper. The cameras don't really help because you can't see many fans because of the redevelopments, so it's kind of reminiscent of Covid times.

PSG vs Marseille and Atletico vs Real (ITV4) are both on Sunday evening - shame one of those wasn't tonight instead (they couldn't because of European football, but still).

Edited by Paullow