Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

The worst part about international breaks is the modest football league match on the initial Monday, then no matches on the Tuesday, Wednesday, and also the following Wednesday and Thursday. I definitely miss having a match on, even if it's just on in the background.

24 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Rotherham vs Ipswich postponed due to the weather, so probably just watch the rugby instead.

There are a few foreign matches on, like Dortmund on Sky at 7.30pm.

Fuck sake, I was looking forward to watching normal football tonight as well.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Isn’t the score board provided by the domestic broadcaster?

I've no idea, but would probably make sense. I guess 'BVB' is a somewhat similar idea, but just more known because of Dortmund's bigger reputation.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Some nice attacking football from Dortmund in moments but their general build up play has been slow until the final twenty yards. Bremen seem to be playing a very defensive set up though so doesn’t say a lot 

It’s gonna be an open game and I think we have more speed, athleticism and guile than they do. Would take a draw but a win is possible if we can go into it 100% after Palace. 

Gio Reyna looked really lively when he came on. Hopefully he’s on the bench again. 

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

It’s gonna be an open game and I think we have more speed, athleticism and guile than they do. Would take a draw but a win is possible if we can go into it 100% after Palace. 

Gio Reyna looked really lively when he came on. Hopefully he’s on the bench again. 

At home? They are almost 4/1 to win, and it's by far the easiest game on paper of the six. I'd take a draw in Germany, just mainly due to the crowd factor, but I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't get the 3 points on Wednesday. It would definitely be an opportunity missed.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/newcastle-v-borussia-dortmund/winner

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Liverpool easily have the best attacking quality and depth in the league. Easy win today for them I think.

The fact they can leave a player like Nunez on the bench is scary.  I would love him at the toon.

13 hours ago, Paullow said:

At home? They are almost 4/1 to win, and it's by far the easiest game on paper of the six. I'd take a draw in Germany, just mainly due to the crowd factor, but I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't get the 3 points on Wednesday. It would definitely be an opportunity missed.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/newcastle-v-borussia-dortmund/winner

Fwiw the double chance (BVB or draw) is evens on William Hill, bookies don't rate their chances at all.

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

“Innocent civilians, including our supporters”

Why add the last part? Can’t stand these cunts.

Probably expected the classless cunts to boo otherwise. Still a few knobs shouted anyway