Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

22 minutes ago, Froggy said:

That's what Ten Hag is doing to be fair and why he has a lot of backing. Yes Antony is a poor signing, but Ten Hag wanted him when the asking price was 40m.

Genuinely interested as to what the long term vision and plan is supposed to be under him? I know you’ve had injuries. But I don’t understand how he wants his team to play?

This season. It regularly seems like everyone’s just behind the ball and sitting deep. But then not really looking to counter? Even last season. Outside of that purple patch and even at times during that run. I rarely watched you and thought you were dominating a game or out-smarting the opposition’s manager (cup final aside) :sad:

Feels like he would get more support if there was some kind of identity there? 

I said similar about Arteta, albeit for different reasons. But Arsenal fans pretty much all stuck up for him and said he was building something. Despite him being an insufferable waxwork cunt. They are now reaping the benefits. 

So perhaps I’m missing something as I don’t watch you for 90 minutes every week. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

To take off Mainoo for McTominay, leaving us with no DM, which cost us two goals. 

Do you think Newcastle would perform better with a Defensive Midfielder?

Edited by Rod

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Catching up on highlights. Everton could and probably should have conceded 5-6 based on what I saw. Wolves fucked up some quality chances and a great save from Pickford. 

Yeah, watched most of it before switching over to Burnley-Villa, Wolves were pretty dominant most of the game. 

Everton looked quite ordinary and only had one or two decent chances, with Dwight McNeil hitting the post at 3-0.

They won’t go down, but they aren’t as good as we made them or the score line look.

39 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Just seen today's scores, so it turns out Forest are mint and there is nothing to worry about, or are we as shit as man u and it is panic stations?

Forest actually are decent, though admittedly Chris Wood does't score a hat trick very often. 

New manager bounce and Nuno has them playing to their strengths, their wingers are rapid and will cause loads of teams problems on the counter. They'll trail off but I think they'll do enough to stay up this season, which is all they want at this point tbf.

1 hour ago, MagMal said:

Just seen today's scores, so it turns out Forest are mint and there is nothing to worry about, or are we as shit as man u and it is panic stations?

Imagine saying that a few years ago, are we as shit as Man U 🤣. Maybe we should just be happy we aren't in that bottom 3

2 hours ago, black_n_white said:

I’d say they are pretty essential, especially when playing away in the premier league.

I’d agree to that to a point, that it’s also just as important to have the attacking quality ahead of a DM so your attacking phases don’t suffer for not having a Bruno at 6. Or you change the formation, but that’s a different story entirely.

Edited by Nine

5 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Maybe to signal to the board that bodies in are required as we are putting 2 goalies on the bench? 

Dont think it is that with Emery, it just seems some sort of weird quirk about him.