Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Nah. The Isak one was soft and I didn’t think it was a pen. The non-penalty earlier on Isak was more of a foul, I thought.

But the Duran one was far worse that it was given. It’s a dive after being brushed on the side of his foot, following a heavy touch and running away from goal in a crowded box. 

I see we are back to the ‘well, there is contact’ argument from pundits. Seemingly the refs think the same. It isn’t a non-contact sport FFS. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Nah. The Isak one was soft and I didn’t think it was a pen. The non-penalty earlier on Isak was more of a foul, I thought.

But the Duran one was far worse that it was given. It’s a dive after being brushed on the side of his foot, following a heavy touch and running away from goal in a crowded box. 

I see we are back to the ‘well, there is contact’ argument from pundits. Seemingly the refs think the same. It isn’t a non-contact sport FFS. 

I don’t think either were penalties too. But the refs gave it in both instances and the ‘there’s contact’ stops VAR from intervening. Weak as piss. 

2 hours ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

That Villa penalty :lol: totally pathetic that's a pen nowadays. Guy running away from goal gets a tiny tap, takes a step then collapses, and they get a basically guaranteed goal for it 

Clear penalty, it was a vicious hack at Duran.

Last time I saw such a terrible clear assault of a fowl was when Matty Cash tripped Bentancur over and sent him to live in heaven with the angles. 

Bournemouth finding their form against us, Everton finding their form against us, and now also Nottingham? Not sure whether we just handed them the lifeline, or if they stepped up their game against us.

Edited by Erikse

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You wouldn't bet on Everton getting many points in the next 4 games. They're in a relegation battle.

They’ll be fine based on this seasons form as a whole. If they didn’t have ten points deducted then they’d only be 3 points behind us. 

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

They’ll be fine based on this seasons form as a whole. If they didn’t have ten points deducted then they’d only be 3 points behind us. 

They had a decent run out of keeping with the last 3 or so seasons. They've just lost 3 in a row and that could easily go to 7 looking at their next games. They should be fine, but they're in trouble if Luton keep picking up.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They had a decent run out of keeping with the last 3 or so seasons. They've just lost 3 in a row and that could easily go to 7 looking at their next games. They should be fine, but they're in trouble if Luton keep picking up.

Even if Luton do pick up, Brentford will decline just as quick- looking at Brentford’s fixtures there’s a very good chance they won’t get any more points until Burnley match in March.

17 hours ago, joeyt said:

That has to be a backpass doesn't it?

Came in to post about this.

Last night in the Man Utd game the Forest defender passed the ball back to the keeper, he skied his clearance which then bounced back into his hands. It should have been a backpass and I cant understand why it wasn't given, did the commentary team mention anything at the time?

41 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Even if Luton do pick up, Brentford will decline just as quick- looking at Brentford’s fixtures there’s a very good chance they won’t get any more points until Burnley match in March.

Fortunately for Brentford they actually have to play football matches and they aren’t decided in advance.