Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

7 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Leeds are going to get cannibalised now. Summerville, Gray, Gnonto, possibly Ampadu all picked off. Will they stick with Farke?

No idea why they went with him. Did what he was expected to get Norwich promoted, then went and got relegated without much of a fight. Nothing he has done has shown him to be able to do anything in the Premier League, which is surely Leeds’ main aim.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's a massive arsehole

He is! I hate him on a personal basis for his previous violent crimes where he was clearly the aggressor  but when he’s talking football, he’s talking sense. No cliches, he’s actually quite the complex pundit, talking about about how the defender made an error and how the attacker reacted. He’s a striker and seems to know the ins and outs of being such so seeing his enthusiasm for striking technique and movement is a breath of fresh air. 

he’s not talking about “swaz tekkers” and laughing like a characature like Micah Richards. He’s talking football. That I can respect. 

Edited by Astroblack

Also Deeney basically told Warnock to shit up today. Warnock went on about how “today’s game the goalkeepers are passing the ball to the centrebacks and bla bla” and Deeney said “it’s bot about you Neil” this is the way the game is played now. Analyze it. That’s your job at this current moment. 

5 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

He is! I hate him on a personal basis for his previous violent crimes where he was clearly the aggressor  but when he’s talking football, he’s talking sense. No cliches, he’s actually quite the complex pundit, talking about about how the defender made an error and how the attacker reacted. He’s a striker and seems to know the ins and outs of being such so seeing his enthusiasm for striking technique and movement is a breath of fresh air. 

he’s not talking about “swaz tekkers” and laughing like a characature like Micah Richards. He’s talking football. That I can respect. 

And yet he was a dreadful manager

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

And yet he was a dreadful manager

That’s not what we’re talking about though. And of course he was. He’s a thug and a bully. But I don’t care about all that, if I hear good punditry, I hear good punditry no matter who it is. 

Edited by Astroblack

18 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Leeds are going to get cannibalised now. Summerville, Gray, Gnonto, possibly Ampadu all picked off. Will they stick with Farke?

They'll probably get £16-20m for Harrison which will be good for them. They might get lucky that there's no real big-hitter getting relegated to the Championship but depends on if they have to do a Leeds.

Obviously can't be helped and don't want to mock any ones condition but couldn't help but notice Ryan Fraser has a curious skin condition when he had his shirt off at the end of the game. Big, circle like birthmarks. Reminded me of a twister mat.

1 minute ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Obviously can't be helped and don't want to mock any ones condition but couldn't help but notice Ryan Fraser has a curious skin condition when he had his shirt off at the end of the game. Big, circle like birthmarks. Reminded me of a twister mat.

It’s from cupping. ?

17 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Sports massage I get them aswell ?

Shame for Leeds, was hoping they would win as my Dad has been a Leeds fan since he was a lad.

They didn't lose out on promotion today though, their form was pretty average going in to the playoffs and they took a dip in form at completely the wrong time. They should have had automatic promotion wrapped up months ago.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Didn't see the whole game, but what struck me was the difference between Premiership and Championship football. 

What was it? Because on Fridays when I’m watching Champo football, it’s quick, it’s zippy, it’s technically brilliant. On Saturdays when I’m watching Premier League, it’s the battle of the tactics. This game may be an anomaly because of the stakes at hand. It became a cagey affair because it’s no one wants to make a mistake. It’s not usually like that. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stifler said:

No idea why they went with him. Did what he was expected to get Norwich promoted, then went and got relegated without much of a fight. Nothing he has done has shown him to be able to do anything in the Premier League, which is surely Leeds’ main aim.

Farke will likely stay, he's quite well liked. 

I forgot how many players Leeds have out on loan, they should be able to get themselves a decent wedge. Summerville must go you'd think, Gnonto probably too. I think they're fairly confident of keeping Grey. 

Edit: A lot of those out on loan have contracts coming to an end actually.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

The main aim would be promotion. Worry about the PL when you get there. 

@Disco will Juve be turning Carlos Alcaraz loan into a permanent one or are we likely to see him play for Southampton in the Prem next season?

I know you are a fan of his

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Napoli finishing 10th is wild. Be plenty sniffing around their better players

PSG already bidding for Kvaradona 

22 minutes ago, joeyt said:

@Disco will Juve be turning Carlos Alcaraz loan into a permanent one or are we likely to see him play for Southampton in the Prem next season?

I know you are a fan of his

Didn’t even know he was at Juventus tbf :lol: BBC say they’ve got an option at £40m so I guess it depends if he’s been any good or not. 

Was certainly impressed with him when they went down though. 

56 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Napoli finishing 10th is wild. Be plenty sniffing around their better players

Was thinking earlier that they won't get the sort of prices for Kvara and Oshimen this summer as a result. They've not been able to replicate the form of last season at all