Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

13 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Champs League failures still dropping into Europa? Thought that was going to end ffs. It's fucking absurd.

What does make it amusing this season, though, is that Arsenal, Man United, Barcelona and Juventus are all going to be playing in it.

This despite them being four of the clubs who thought it was so beneath them that they wanted to stitch up being in the top European competition through the ESL fiasco.

Despite them just proving that none of them are good enough to qualify at all, or to the proper part of the competition, on actual merit.

Sod them, wanting to bake in their own mediocrity into their own closed 'elite' competition.

So let them play Thursday nights, and run their squads ragged in a competition they don't want and dare to think they are above.

Ha ha ha ha. And indeed ha.

Take absolutely zero joy in what happened last night tbh, no schadenfreude in this case at all. VAR on offsides is at risk of completely eradicating the primal emotion you're supposed to feel at goals like that. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Take absolutely zero joy in what happened last night tbh, no schadenfreude in this case at all. VAR on offsides is at risk of completely eradicating the primal emotion you're supposed to feel at goals like that. 

Its sickening and has completely ruined the game due to its inconsistent decision making. I have a ton of empathy for Spurs fans going through what they did last night. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

There's absolutely zero jeopardy here for Arsenal, bit surprised to see them going for it.

You play a round less if you top the group which they can sort tonight but they’ve been relatively strong lineups in all their games.

Arsenal will still be massive favourites for top spot, and may well finish top (and avoid an extra tie) even if they lost at home to Zurich, but they will now have to approach that game as a meaningful one, whereas had they drawn here, they could have done what they live after sealing the group.

Anyone watching a particular match later on? The 8pm matches involving English clubs don't look that interesting, and minimal jeopardy, so may actually have Graz vs Feyenoord on in the background, as that group is ridiculously tight.

42 minutes ago, Disco said:

PSV beating the Arsenal, lovely goal.

Always liked PSV. Love how they have path behind the goal for the fans to run into and gan mad.

A couple of their players I wouldn’t mind at the Toon - Sangare and Gakpo - what do you make of them?

I was quite pleased that both Spurs and Arsenal need to approach their respective final European matches next week in a normal manner, hoping they would have been playing someone near the bottom of the table in their following PL match, and subsequently drop unexpected points, but the play Liverpool and Chelsea respectively.

49 minutes ago, Disco said:

PSV beating the Arsenal, lovely goal.

Always liked PSV. Love how they have path behind the goal for the fans to run into and gan mad.

For whatever reason when I was young I’d start a league with PSV and just thunder punch everyone on the easiest difficulty. Proper loved them.

13 minutes ago, Mikky said:

A couple of their players I wouldn’t mind at the Toon - Sangare and Gakpo - what do you make of them?

I’ve only seen them these two games against Arsenal so can’t really comment but Simons was probably the standout over the two games. Seems like Gakpo is flying Dutch winger version 436.

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Is that Jeff Brazier interviewing Moyes?

Aye he works for BT. Usually does the conference coverage. Awful voice; genuinely horrific.

14 minutes ago, Disco said:

I’ve only seen them these two games against Arsenal so can’t really comment but Simons was probably the standout over the two games. Seems like Gakpo is flying Dutch winger version 436.

Aye he works for BT. Usually does the conference coverage. Awful voice; genuinely horrific.

Thought he was selling the postcode lottery.