Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Erm Kane can't be offside, he's behind the player who heads it, and the ball goes backwards, it only goes forward after it hits the defender.

That is an utterly ludicrous decision.

Edited by Bimpy474

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Erm Kane can't be offside, he's behind the player who heads it, and the ball goes backwards, it only goes forward after it hits the defender.

He's not behind the ball and it doesn;t mater that the ball went backwards

FgBiA8JXEAwSkUn?format=jpg&name=large

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Erm her can't be offside, he's behind the player who heads it, and the ball goes backwards, it only goes forward after it hits the defender.

:yao:

I can't understand the lines they put out for the offside at the end. They used the defensive line as the defenders left foot but surely it should go off the actual football as if Kabe is behind that then he's onside? 

Confusing as fuck that one.... 

Edit - Just saw the 'still' shot on that picture above and they did go off the ball not the defender. Probably correct decision I guess... 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

7 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I can't understand the lines they put out for the offside at the end. They used the defensive line as the defenders left foot but surely it should go off the actual football as if Kabe is behind that then he's onside? 

Confusing as fuck that one.... 

Think they have based it on Kane's foot being ahead of the ball at the moment it's headed across. So technically correct.

Edited by et tu brute

He's behind the ball for me, and if he is then the ball going backwards, even forwards doesn't matter.  I get the lines say otherwise, but there has to be a margin error as the player heads it.

In that still the ball is moving away from the player heading it, just my opinion, that's the margin of error that should go with the attacking team, especially if it takes 3 minutes to decide.

As funny as that is, that is a disgraceful decision. No way can they judge the line of the ball from that. I'd be fuming if that was us. 

Makes it great for the last set of fixtures. One game shoot out.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

He's behind the ball for me, and if he is then the ball going backwards, even forwards doesn't matter.  I get the lines say otherwise, but there has to be a margin error as the player heads it.

In that still the ball is moving away from the player heading it, just my opinion, that's the margin of error that should go with the attacking team, especially if it takes 3 minutes to decide.

The ball going backwards or forwards doesn't matter anyway for any offsides

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The ball going backwards or forwards doesn't matter anyway for any offsides

When i went through the course to qualify as a ref, honestly though you'll be amazed at the video's they show you. I sat there arguing that it was madness some of the vids they showed, but the complete disregard for any opinion to the contrary was an eye opener. Basically it's never ever wrong, or should that be they are never wrong, no matter what players or managers, or even actual officials think.  And that attitude is why it's the mess it is, just total arrogance.

Edited by Bimpy474

9 minutes ago, CPL said:

As funny as that is, that is a disgraceful decision. No way can they judge the line of the ball from that. I'd be fuming if that was us. 

Makes it great for the last set of fixtures. One game shoot out.

You don’t need to judge the line of the ball for an offside 

2 minutes ago, tgarve said:

You don’t need to judge the line of the ball for an offside 

I think you do, don't you? To be in an offside position, the player has to be ahead of both the second last opponent and the ball. Kane was clearly behind the ball.  I can't believe that the VAR official made such an elementary mistake though.

Maybe Kane was offside when the cross went in?

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Also on that picture, they measure Kane most forward point he can legally score with as the line to judge him offside, yet don't do that with the player playing him the ball, seems a tad unfair like.

Well they're going from where the ball is and not Emerson's right foot which is correct ???

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Well they're going from where the ball is and not Emerson's right foot which is correct ???

Aye that's correct, but Kane scored with his right foot which in the pic, his right foot is onside. My point is as i said above, they're measuring it from Kane's left knee.

I know that's being pedantic but, why do they measure Kane from his most forward scoring point, and measure Emerson from the balls point of contact on him ? For me, measure both players from their most legal forward

point.

Surely you can see where I'm coming from ?

4 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Aye that's correct, but Kane scored with his right foot which in the pic, his right foot is onside. My point is as i said above, they're measuring it from Kane's left knee.

I know that's being pedantic but, why do they measure Kane from his most forward scoring point, and measure Emerson from the balls point of contact on him ? For me, measure both players from their most legal forward

point.

Surely you can see where I'm coming from ?

Because it’s where the ball is, it has nothing to do with Emerson’s body?

24 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I think you do, don't you? To be in an offside position, the player has to be ahead of both the second last opponent and the ball. Kane was clearly behind the ball.  I can't believe that the VAR official made such an elementary mistake though.

Maybe Kane was offside when the cross went in?

He wasn’t behind the ball???