Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

27 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Shame as Forest were playing decent stuff and arguably the better team but Man Utd too clinical. Be tough to beat them in the final 

Terrible goalkeeping for both goals.

We won’t be giving those up, also the way they play out from the back is a recipe for disaster against us.

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Terrible goalkeeping for both goals.

We won’t be giving those up, also the way they play out from the back is a recipe for disaster against us.

The way we sky our shots needs to be fixed before the final - get that right and its anybody’s game on the day.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I just don't see that kind of que sera way of doing it flying either tbh, you can guarantee incorrect calls within the margin of error would be the next new problem with fans, clubs and pundits as well I think. Plus the margin of error has a line between acceptable error and unnecceptable error too surely?

If an offside camera system gets close to being as instantaneous as a flag being raised, I think that removes what I see as the main problem with VAR's drawn out, painstaking ruining of our fun. It essentially becomes the offside version of goal-line technology which is surely ideal.

Totally agree it needs completely rid of til it can be instantaneous (still blows my mind it was accepted so easily, been terrible for the game in exactly the way I imagined). Tho I do think in the meantime anything that reduces its intervention (whether that be disallowing or just analysing), like Branko is suggesting, is at least a little bit good - it would leave fewer goals as tight and in need of analysis. It would also mean getting the offside rule a bit closer to the spirit of the rule .

Absolutely no intrigue whatsoever for the 2nd leg, and almost a night off for them. Even a 2nd minute red card won't make any difference. Forest were poor, but 0-3 at the City Ground is good going. I was kind of expecting a draw tonight and then that sort of score in the return leg.

Annoying that they can rest everyone for the return leg 🙄

Their main threat will be Rashford. Which is frustrating as it will force Trippier to have to sit back and will negate our right side. Which is probably why it's important ASM breaks into the first team as we will need our own threat from our left side aswell. 

Wayne Hennessey has been shit his entire career. I can remember him stinking up the PL circa 2010 with a stupid blonde poodle on his heed, absolutely mental he's still knocking about at the top level.

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

These fuckers probably think we’re a soft touch after the 0-0 at old Trafford. Wait till they play us on neutral ground, they are in for a Hell of a shock.

We think you're a soft touch for... keeping a clean sheet at Old Trafford? Interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Wayne Hennessey has been shit his entire career. I can remember him stinking up the PL circa 2010 with a stupid blonde poodle on his heed, absolutely mental he's still knocking about at the top level.

He’s not even league one standard.