Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa (29/10/2022)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

We are really functional.  I don't think individuals played well there, but the system got us ahead.

Villa are proper dangerous too.

They look pretty toothless to me.

Average. 

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Yeah, dangerous to their own goalkeeper.

Jokes aside, I still believe it's an absolute disgrace that Villa's medical staff did not mandate that he must be taken off. Their whole job is to protect their players. Don't know why, maybe because I've coached a lot of youth rugby, but I'm absolutley fuming.

9 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Undeserved?

Maybe undeserved is a bit strong, we havent been good overall though and Villa have probably looked that bit more threatening when theyve attacked, until their lack of ability in the box comes in to play. BBW running at us has caused us problems. Scrappy, stop-start game has stopped our build up and our passing has been disappointing for decent parts. A bit lucky to go in 1-0 rather than undeserved perhaps.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

4 minutes ago, hakka said:

Still think we had plenty about us, but we definitely didn't go through the gears. Think Villa have been better than I expected. If we click then we can definitely put game beyond them. The penalty hopefully changes the game and make Villa more desperate as we look to get in to our stride second half. Shame that Wilson one was offside as that would have been game over.

Aye, agreed. Think Joelinton could do with being put back in the middle. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Aye, agreed. Think Joelinton could do with being put back in the middle. 

Agreed, he's quite ineffective on the left. Looking forward to the Maxi on for anyone one of Willock/Longstaff (hopefully)/Joelinton sub. I'm normally first in to bat for Longstaff, but he's not disproving many of his detractors today.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Think we've been much the better team, Villa have had nothing remotely close to the Longstaff, Miggy, and Penalty chances. 

Aye. Don't know what game those who think Villa have looked threatening have been watching.

Willock was poor but then his misplaced pass and then follow up to win it back actually contributed to the penalty.

Longstaff has actually made some great runs into the channels. If he just had more pace and end product he would be ideal. 

Hopefully we can start the half the way we ended the last. 🤞

8 minutes ago, Smal said:

It's the only natural position to put your arm when you're sliding for the ball like he was. You can't do that and have your arm down by your side. 

Not saying it's not a penalty, like.

If you have to throw your arm in the air, don't slide then.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Think we've been much the better team, Villa have had nothing remotely close to the Longstaff, Miggy, and Penalty chances. 

Absolutely this, Villa flatter to deceive, they look dangerous only in the fact the counter direct and with speed but are devoid of ideas up top, can't think of a single chance they've had.