Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

59 minutes ago, magvicar said:

It is a massive turnaround. He looks fit and well.

Bloody hell...had to look twice there.

Will always remember him giving a bailiff gip when they tried to take his car on an episode of Con't Pay, We'll Take it Alway.

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Amazing turnaround.

Had a stomach operation. Basically shrinks your appetite as they make it so small. Two people I know had same operation with similar results. Both done in Turkey.

So as long as he doesn't tweet anything that goes against the Tory agenda, he can present MotD again.

100% this'd not be happening if he tweeted out some right wing guff in support of that bollocks the Tories are trying to implement.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

So as long as he doesn't tweet anything that goes against the Tory agenda, he can present MotD again.

100% this'd not be happening if he tweeted out some right wing guff in support of that bollocks the Tories are trying to implement.

Is it not so much his political views, but more the comparison to Nazi Germany thats done it though?

As much as he may have a point, its a pretty strong thing to come out with, publicly.

2 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Is it not so much his political views, but more the comparison to Nazi Germany thats done it though?

As much as he may have a point, its a pretty strong thing to come out with, publicly.

Given the BBC are also looking to censor a recent David Attenborough documentary out of fear of the backlash they'll get from right wing papers and figures on scientific facts, I'd hazard a guess at not.

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Given the BBC are also looking to censor a recent David Attenborough documentary out of fear of the backlash they'll get from right wing papers and figures on scientific facts, I'd hazard a guess at not.

What’s this??

I generally think Lineker's a well-meaning but naive and sheltered pillock where politics is concerned - particularly after his own hand-wringing over Corbyn being "too radical" (likely due to his realisation that his bank balance would have been affected imo) - but obviously I'm completely with him on this one.

It was only a few years ago that the idea of calling our government fascists was deemed wildly hysterical, I don't think that can be claimed anymore, nor do I think Lineker's comparison with '30s Germany is at all inaccurate. For some you can't draw a comparison unless you already have the hindsight of where it lead in that example, which I think is wrong and more importantly not really relevant imo.

Edited by Kid Icarus