Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

On 28/08/2023 at 17:20, OCK said:

I always had a feeling I'd come to despise our fanbase quickly after the takeover. The reactions to the draw against Man City and the defeat against Liverpool has only reinforced that opinion. 

One thing I think we need to keep in mind when seeing/reading that shite - that would be the one of social media having the ability to magnify the voice of the insignificant minority to almost epic proportions.

They are not the barometer for the rest of us.

On 26/08/2023 at 13:22, Ronson333 said:

I’ll probably regret this in a few years when he becomes a whiny turd, but I really like the guy and I think he’s a breath of fresh air in terms of pedigree and style.

Can see Spurs doing pretty well, what it translates to in league position I don’t know.

At least they didn’t just go for another celebrity manager who they’ll never be able to keep happy and will never achieve enough to satisfy anyone. 

Crunch will come if they finish something like 7-9th, will they let him carry on. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can see Spurs doing pretty well, what it translates to in league position I don’t know.

At least they didn’t just go for another celebrity manager who they’ll never be able to keep happy and will never achieve enough to satisfy anyone. 

Crunch will come if they finish something like 7-9th, will they let him carry on. 

Reckon he’ll get a second season regardless unless it’s a car crash which it won’t be.

8 hours ago, Disco said:

The fawning from the press is already nauseating even if he does seem like an affable chap. That and Spurs are genuinely disgusting so it’ll be a joy to see him hounded out. 

Their fans singing "we've got our club back" on Saturday was hilarious. So they're happy with Levy again then. 

10 hours ago, Deuce said:

I’ll probably regret this in a few years when he becomes a whiny turd, but I really like the guy and I think he’s a breath of fresh air in terms of pedigree and style.

Being up here in Scotland the narrative among Celtic fans is howe is a shitebag and they are glad he turned down Celtic as they got ange who is the better manager so as likeable as he is I hope him and spurs fail badly 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just happens that match-going local fans are basically treated as worthless.

I bang on about American sports but the level of service is just on another planet. Obviously they can move your team to another city like, which is a negative. 

As negatives go….

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's true, haha. Just saying in general that the expectations is that fans in the UK should always be treated like shit and provided with bottom of the barrel facilities. 

I'm generalising a bit but I think UK football fans can largely be taken for granted because they'll either keep going, be replaced by someone else, or priced out. I don't think for a second that it would be any different if US football fans were in that same position. 

Just watched the highlights of the 2007 Tyne Wear derby at Sunderland. Been on a rabbit hole of watching games from that kind of time. Horrific match like, Mike Ashley in the away end, Amdy Faye with a horrendous bit of play leading up to their goal, but the one good moment coming from 12 year old James Milner, scoring unexpectedly from a cross. I’d forgotten about Barton essentially assaulting Etuhu too. 

Cool little rabbit hole to go down, haven’t come across a great deal of NUFC highlights but love seeing some of the line ups from that time. 

I wonder how many people don't realise there were two A.Fayes who played for us at different times, poor Amdy seems to get the blame for anything either of them did wrong. :lol:

Just now, JB said:

I wonder how many people don't realise there were two A.Fayes who played for us at different times, poor Amdy seems to get the blame for anything either of them did wrong. :lol:

Can’t remember Abdolaye doing much wrong when he was with us. Thought he was canny enough.