Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

It's so wrong but equally hilarious because it's Everton. Tough one!

Right? I wish I could keep my outrage over FFP like others in here but I'm just so sick of them at this point I'm prepared to overlook it on this occasion. :lol:

Can see them getting clobbered tbh. Whatever they decide is going to set a precedent for all other cases so nerfing the punishment opens the door for others to properly take the piss, ignore the rules completely and take the 12 point hit a few years after they've gone mad and spent wildly. Be lush if they impose 12 points and they go down by a point instead of Luton or someone like that

4 minutes ago, midds said:

Can see them getting clobbered tbh. Whatever they decide is going to set a precedent for all other cases so nerfing the punishment opens the door for others to properly take the piss, ignore the rules completely and take the 12 point hit a few years after they've gone mad and spent wildly. Be lush if they impose 12 points and they go down by a point instead of Luton or someone like that

Don't give me that hope, Midds. Could be 20 points and they'd find a way to scrape through. Scouse Mackems moniker gets more accurate every year.

1 minute ago, astraguy said:

but citys case has been open way longer 

It’s also way more complicated. Can’t just look at the accounts and say ”you’ve spent too much” like in Everton’s case.

3 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

12 point deduction for breaking FFP when it's geared entirely towards the big clubs is a pisstake.

It's absolutely no shock that the 'lesser' teams that have had a go at the top 6, have ended up financially fucked when it doesn't work out. Everton, Wolves and Leicester. 

Try and break the "big 6" at your peril. If it's doesn't work out, you'll be allowed to spend fuck all and relegation beckons.

Utterly corrupt league like.

If you dont have the backing with rich owners like us/Chelsea/City you dont a have freakin chance of anything. Spurs being the only one who has made it but the red clubs have tried to destroy them several times. If you get successful the cartel will screw you over before it has started. We are part of that group now, but at least we know how its on the other side. Just look at the sponsor deals. What is it Everton got 5/6m? Its a parody the whole thing.

Edited by nufc123

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Which one was it?

Super League - it was 2 fingers up to 150 plus years of football history - the nerve to act in a purely selfish manner, based on pure greed - thinking you are above every other club on the planet 

Ok Everton took a gamble to achieve success - throw in Covid and it backfired - take your punishment - for the Suoer League clubs to get no punishment infuriates me to this day - there should have been big European and Domestic bans 

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

If you dont have the backing with rich owners like us/Chelsea/City you dont a have freakin chance of anything. Spurs being the only one who has made it but the red clubs have tried to destroy them several times. If you get successful the cartel will screw you over before it has started. We are part of that group now, but at least we know how its on the other side. Just look at the sponsor deals. What is it Everton got 5/6m? Its a parody the whole thing.

Would be the least competitive league in Europe since its inception 30years ago.

Five teams would have won and three of them were one offs.

Its ironic that the competitive nature of the league is the thing that sets it aside from others yet Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United would kill that in the blink of an eye if they could.

52 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Convinced Luke Edwards has zero interest or understanding of football. Criminal that losers like him get paid to comment on it 

Enjoyed Howe's patronising dismissal of him during the Dortmund post-match, after his conjecture about the Nmecha/Tonali non-transfer/transfer. 

That said, if the pressers are anything to go by, Howe seems to like him. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Enjoyed Howe's patronising dismissal of him during the Dortmund post-match, after his conjecture about the Nmecha/Tonali non-transfer/transfer. 

That said, if the pressers are anything to go by, Howe seems to like him. 

what happened?

On 25/10/2023 at 16:08, astraguy said:

yet nowt with city

No paper trail for that though, Everton borrowed from the bank so it’s all accountable and traceable. 

Don’t expect city to be punished, that’s going/gone legal.