Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

When did that pathetic and annoying "ayyyyyyyyy!!" from pretty much every set of fans in the country become so prevalent? Whether it's a crap cross that drifts out of play or a 30 yard piledriver that whistles an inch past the post you get "ayyyyyyyy!!" from the fans of the other team. Christ it's annoying. I want to say it became a thing sometime in the 90s but it seems much more obvious now. Watch some footage from a game in the 80s or earlier and it just isn't there.

Who do people think the best villain has been in the premier league era?

I don’t mean truly awful individuals but those who absolutely play up to the role (or try to).

Klopp thinks he is being a clever antagonist but he is in reality just a poor human being.

for me it’s 100% Jose as a manager and probably Vinny Jones as a player

Watched the Sunderland highlights and a QPR player Lucas Anderson caught my eye so thought I'd look him up.

This quote by their CEO might be one of the most pretentious quotes I've ever seen regarding a new signing:

"I am delighted we have been able to find a solution to bring Lucas in.

He performed above the median as a line-breaking 10 specifically for our possession-based 4-3-3 conceptual shape in data screening "

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/february/05/lucas-andersen-signs/

Edited by joeyt

“His back-up capacitor is running at 93% efficiency, plus or minus 2% for data slippage. Initial ROI reports indicate a centralisation of funding in the upper quadrant, with the likelihood of a realisation of equity with front-end and back-end growth markers”

On 16/03/2024 at 15:32, LionOfGosforth said:

When did that pathetic and annoying "ayyyyyyyyy!!" from pretty much every set of fans in the country become so prevalent? Whether it's a crap cross that drifts out of play or a 30 yard piledriver that whistles an inch past the post you get "ayyyyyyyy!!" from the fans of the other team. Christ it's annoying. I want to say it became a thing sometime in the 90s but it seems much more obvious now. Watch some footage from a game in the 80s or earlier and it just isn't there.

Arms spread wide whilst doing it

Also seen and heard when another teams fans sings you've never won fuck all to us

Quite enjoy it personally

Edited by jack j

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

“His back-up capacitor is running at 93% efficiency, plus or minus 2% for data slippage. Initial ROI reports indicate a centralisation of funding in the upper quadrant, with the likelihood of a realisation of equity with front-end and back-end growth markers”

Even worse when their team is getting beat and they do it.

16 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Who do people think the best villain has been in the premier league era?

I don’t mean truly awful individuals but those who absolutely play up to the role (or try to).

Klopp thinks he is being a clever antagonist but he is in reality just a poor human being.

for me it’s 100% Jose as a manager and probably Vinny Jones as a player

Surely Joey Barton wins...

Saw one of the youtubers in leazes park earlier with a drone behind the stadium, then not long after saw another one of them walking through the park.

Quite a few people were hanging around the lake in what seemed to be NUFC training kits at one point. (I think just walking around on a lunch break)

Couple of hours later saw 2 people in NUFC joggers etc walking through the park, I was a fair distance off sitting on a bench but looked uncannily like sean long staff, I'm 75% sure it was him

Stoke as a whole were kind of villainous. From the tactics they used to the players they had. They were pretty shameless in their approach. They were like a gimmick football team. 

2 hours ago, madras said:

Cattermole ? One of the few players I've seen intentionally go out to injure. 

Started off with great potential as well.

I mean that isnt true unless you are inside his head 

G Neville deserves a shout. Despised him as a player. Actually quite like him now. Seemed like a breath of fresh air when he first started punditry. Not so much commentary.