Southampton 1-4 Newcastle United (06/11/2022)

BlueStar

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Worst we’ve played in ages IMO but Saints are absolutely toss and indisciplined/poorly coached defensively as fuck.

——

Cheers to @gbandit for the Glesga pub shouts. A few mags in Waxy’s too :thup:

Love waxys for football. Watch out for the cougars😂

We certainly weren't 'poor' by any stretch of the imagination. If we were poor we wouldn't have battered our opponents on their own patch. We just weren't swashbuckling with the ball and made a couple of mistakes at the back.

Don't think we played well today and Southampton can feel hard done by a little.  We owe the win to some proper grit and structure in the second half defence plus some clinical finishing.

Southampton had more goal scoring opportunities and dominated territory.  Can't deny that.

And no, don't give me the negative bed-wetter bollocks.  I'm delighted by today.  Loved the game.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We certainly weren't 'poor' by any stretch of the imagination. If we were poor we wouldn't have battered our opponents on their own patch. We just weren't swashbuckling with the ball and made a couple of mistakes at the back.

:thup:

It was the match that was poor rather than us I think.

And yeah, we weren't poor.  Just that Southampton had the better of us, but we were gritty in defence and clinical.  Plus they wasted that massive chance before halftime. 

FWIW, I would still fancy us to win even if they got that goal.  I've omitted saying our counter-attacking was the bollocks.

Just now, joeyt said:

Really?

Isn't this just a hangover of the Ashley years?  Will take time until we've all got proper confidence going away from home.

We can literally beat anyone this year.  Embrace it.  But it might take us all some time to get that consistent confident gut feeling.