Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

I wonder if the Wales result changed plans today, step off in this one and conserve some energy for the easier tie. I think he'll rotate the side a bit for it.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, McDog said:

England is clearly a better team. USA fought out a draw. This doesn't seem over the top to me.

Definitely not, it's a great result. Just laughing at the serious comments mentioning arrogant posts on here, like it was a site-wide triumph over adversity for poor little humble old uncle Sam. :lol:

5 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

US are a striker away from being quite good.

That striker they had actually looked alright. Quick, athletic and strong. Has scored well in the Turkish league of late.

They didn't really get the ball to him enough in the final third, to really allow us to see how he would actually take a chance created for him.

Absolutely love that USA midfield though. Very very talented.

As much as I love Sterling, he has to be dropped for Foden. Foden and Saka either side is easily our best attack. Mount starting so high up centrally and Kane dropping back just means we have too many centrally. We need to push Kane forward by moving the ball up the sides rather than through the middle, then those behind can support rather than hinder.

It was literally a carbon copy of that Scotland game, like. Every chance it ends the same way for US now as they need to beat Iran. US the better of the two teams probably but Iran have two strikers who would walk into this US side and could be the difference.

26 minutes ago, 54 said:

We had the exact same sort of performance against Scotland a year ago, and we ended up in the final. 

The over the top criticism that's going to come over the next couple of days isn't really warranted imo, and I hate how people seem to have an irrational hatred of Southgate for no real reason and will take every opportunity to slate him, despite him having done an exceptional job to date, and is factually our second best manager.

Could not agree more. Southgate isn’t perfect but some of the criticism is genuinely insane. I wonder what the crossover is with those who were losing their shit at Howe after his first couple of months 

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Could not agree more. Southgate isn’t perfect but some of the criticism is genuinely insane. I wonder what the crossover is with those who were losing their shit at Howe after his first couple of months 

The most emotional fans always expose themselves early on 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

As much as I love Sterling, he has to be dropped for Foden. Foden and Saka either side is easily our best attack. Mount starting so high up centrally and Kane dropping back just means we have too many centrally. We need to push Kane forward by moving the ball up the sides rather than through the middle, then those behind can support rather than hinder.

I agree. They restricted the gaps in midfield and it needed someone really clever to drop into tight spaces and combine quick passes to open them up.

Not a situation for Sterling to shine in at all. Foden, Kane and Saka would have manged to string something together in there I think.

Cannot believe Foden isn't an integral part of this team.

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It was literally a carbon copy of that Scotland game, like. Every chance it ends the same way for US now as they need to beat Iran. US the better of the two teams probably but Iran have two strikers who would walk into this US side and could be the difference.

U.S. is clearly a better than Iran. Iran's midfield is dogshit in comparison. But these are the types of games we absolutely love to fuck up (like the second half of the Wales game).

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

U.S. is clearly a better than Iran. Iran's midfield is dogshit in comparison. But these are the types of games we absolutely love to fuck up (like the second half of the Wales game).

Obviously superior across most of the pitch but the US literally don't have a striker worthy of a World Cup appearance. That is a big problem and explains 1 goal scored from 2 games so far. Iran for all their weaknesses have two proper strikers at CL clubs and it could be the difference in a tight game.

24 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

This is a horse shit take. The U.S. were not dross. Their midfield played well.

Some real bad takes here in general.

The were fucking dreadful. That McKenzie or whatever his name is with the shit hair is being fellated by a few, but he's wank too. Zero quality across the USA team in general. Yank birds are rank too. Rub it in all in your pubes.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Obviously superior across most of the pitch but the US literally don't have a striker worthy of a World Cup appearance. That is a big problem and explains 1 goal scored from 2 games so far. Iran for all their weaknesses have two proper strikers at CL clubs and it could be the difference in a tight game.

Won't disagree with you there. A couple players with potential, but have stalled a bit in their development.

Just now, JumpersForGoalposts said:

The were fucking dreadful. That McKenzie or whatever his name is with the shit hair is being fellated by a few, but he's wank too. Zero quality across the USA team in general. Yank birds are rank too. Rub it in all in your pubes.

Your opinions are generally idiotic, and you haven't disappointed here.

it was obvious in the last 5-10 minutes southgate was playing for the draw.

those who were defending him after the euros can fuck right off.

i still think he's a coward and is clueless when it comes to tactics and in game management.

and steve holland as his number 2 ffs!

any decent coach would be building a team around the likes of foden and bellingham.

not subbing on the likes of henderson. what the fuck was his thinking behind that.

Edited by huss9

2 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

You are so emotional you can't even see straight. Horrific reading of the game.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

I think the reason why I get annoyed by how over the top people get with Southgate is that when it comes down to it, he is exactly the sort of manager I want managing the national team.

Managing the England team is more then just the football and results on the pitch, they represent every person and football fan in the nation, they are the figurehead of football in the country and represent how we act and how we behave, they represent us, and are our voice.

And with Southgate you get a man, who is honest, respectful, kind and compassionate, does a lot of outreach with the disenfranchised, and speaks about things that matter and puts them at the forefront of the team, and makes them key to their mantra and message, we're the only team this tournament that has taken the knee, and that is down to the ethos that Southgate has instilled, and these things matter to me, and what I personally stand for.

He represents everything I want him to represent, and while he may be naive tactically at times, everything else I mentioned is 10x more important then being a bit conservative in our play, he's the manager that takes pride in representing us.

God we could have had Allandyce, that would have my skin crawl.