Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think that long break affected them more. 

However, having said that I really like the team Southgate picked.

The balance of complementary attributes that England midfield three has is great, and the two wide players either side of Harry Kane have great movement and pace that he can link with.

Be interesting to see if Southgate is brave enough to stick with this formation against better teams.

If things play out well for you, there may not be a "better team" until the quarterfinals. USA, Wales, and Senegal/Ecuador are decent teams, but a level below England. 

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

World wide? How do you figure that? Can’t say I know much about them other than a few club players. Have they played anyone decent? 

They are very difficult to score against and generally one of the most organised teams at this level under this manager, that is all I meant. He has led this team for several years and throughout two World Cups, two Asian Cups, and qualifiers, this is just not a team that concedes multiple goals, unless they are pushing forward in desperation. Even his Egypt side was like this. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Hilarious. Southgate and his lads vanquishing their critics yet again. Made Iran look like absolute dirt.

Bellingham is immense, mind.

It's Iran. Plus there's more than one way to win a football match. People are within their rights to question selections etc based on what they've seen previously, unless they're supposed to just not watch any football in between tournaments? 

We have been pretty good so far though, against poor opposition :thup:

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Wasn't expecting to be able to see this, incidentally. Laid in a hospital bed atm, my surgery delayed because I idiotically had a few gulps of coffee (with milk) first thing this morning so need it to get through me system before I have general anaesthetic. :lol:

"Accidentally"

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Wasn't expecting to be able to see this, incidentally. Laid in a hospital bed atm, my surgery delayed because I idiotically had a few gulps of coffee (with milk) first thing this morning so need it to get through me system before I have general anaesthetic. :lol:

Good luck

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

No wonder the NHS is on its arse

Good luck

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I'd give Foden half an hour and rest Tripps :thup:

Edit - two separate changes obviously, not Foden at RB :lol:

At 3-0, I would make as many subs as possible. Keep as many players fresh for the latter stages( f we qualify) and make other members of thee squad feel like they played a part.