Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

Just now, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

I do not know if this is the quality of England, or just poor play from a team with serious turmoil in their country, but I have never seen Iran under Queiroz treated like this. This is historically one of the most difficult sides to play against in international football and they are being abused all over the pitch.

Lack of prep time will harm the weaker countries who are all about slowing game down and being difficult to break down a lot more than the better teams who can rely on flashes of individual brilliance I’d have thought.

1 minute ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

I do not know if this is the quality of England, or just poor play from a team with serious turmoil in their country, but I have never seen Iran under Queiroz treated like this. This is historically one of the most difficult sides to play against in international football and they are being abused all over the pitch.

I think that long break affected them more. 

However, having said that I really like the team Southgate picked.

The balance of complementary attributes that England midfield three has is great, and the two wide players either side of Harry Kane have great movement and pace that he can link with.

Be interesting to see if Southgate is brave enough to stick with this formation against better teams. 

3 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

World wide? How do you figure that? Can’t say I know much about them other than a few club players. Have they played anyone decent? 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, I predicted 1-0 England and thought I was being quite optimistic. Iran don't look quite right, but England have played some nice stuff too. 

It didn't help them that their goal keeper got his face smashed in.

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

World wide? How do you figure that? Can’t say I know much about them other than a few club players. Have they played anyone decent? 

Have to go a long time back to find a team who have scored 3 against them. Spain beat them 1-0 as their last high profile match I guess.

Iran's defending has been really poor whenever we get the ball around their box. I think the lads in the studio are getting a bit carried away. Have we really been moving the ball around quickly?

I still think Rice needs to up his game. Far too cautious, and we'll need to be more positive against the better teams.

Wasn't expecting to be able to see this, incidentally. Laid in a hospital bed atm, my surgery delayed because I idiotically had a few gulps of coffee (with milk) first thing this morning so need it to get through me system before I have general anaesthetic. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Wasn't expecting to be able to see this, incidentally. Laid in a hospital bed atm, my surgery delayed because I idiotically had a few gulps of coffee (with milk) first thing this morning so need it to get through me system before I have general anaesthetic. :lol:

Hope it’s routine and you have a speedy recovery, matey!