The Round of 16

That second penalty was really good tbh. Lewa looked like he'll take a normal pen and made Lloris look like a fool, yard off the line again and in imbalance.

Edited by Pata

I don’t think any team has shown themselves to be unbeatable. France have their obvious threats but they can be beaten. 

Tough opponents to overcome tonight first of all though. Looking forward to this. 

2 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

It will be interesting to see if Walker and Saka get a partnership going down the right.No Trippy in the team so the media will be happy.

Walkers much better than Trippier IMO

5 minutes ago, tgarve said:

No way. Not much between them when both fit, both have different qualities though. Can understand going with Walker here, he needs match fitness as we'll need him next round (if we go through) for his pace against Mbappe.

Bit anxious now. Love and hate knockout football. We should win, but as we've seen a million times in this tournament alone anything can happen on the night.

4 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Better this season? Whether it’s James or Walker,it’s always been Trippy pushed to left back.His link up play is stiffled at left back.As I’ve said,let’s see if there is any link up play on England’s right.

I'm pleased Southgate has opted for Saka rather than Rashford. Walker isn't my favourite defender, but it looks like we need his pace from hereon in. I'd like to see Phillips rather than Rice, but there's probably fitness issues with Phillips.

So overall, I'm quite happy with this. I assume Bellingham will be pushed forward into what was previously Mount's role, where he looked very at home against Wales.