The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Harsh, got injured in the first game and missed the following two group games.

Yup, barely played and today it’s the tactics with Ney that is killing us. Need Martinelli now!

Just now, Flip said:

Pedro came in really well. Want to see if Tite has the balls to put Martinelli on for Neymar snd Bruno for Paq. Martinellis pace now would be devastating. 

he should actually take Antony off for Martinelli and also put bruno for paqueta.

But I think that he only has 1 sub now, since he used his 3 stops already

Just now, JNK said:

he should actually take Antony off for Martinelli and also put bruno for paqueta.

Not get an extra for extra time?

Just now, JNK said:

He can sub three players still no? Or is it actually only one despite saving three?

Just now, Shak said:

Watching this in the pub with a bunch of Brazilians, they're all very agitated.

Seemed like Vinicius off was a mental decision, yeah? :lol:

Vini was poor in 2nd half. Rodrygo came on well. Think problem is Antony creates nada.

Just now, Flip said:

He can sub three players still no? Or is it actually only one despite saving three?

He used only 3 subs in the 3 stops he had,  he has the extra-time sub but I honestly don't know if the other 2 he didn't use could be used in extra time. 

Not sure who I want to win this one. Brazil's name in the SF would add more to the tournament, and I would like to see them vs Argentina in the SF, but on the other hand, I do feel sorry for Bruno, so kind of a nose to spite situation, plus we'd obviously get him back a lot earlier if they lost today and didn't have some sort of match next weekend.

Maybe swinging slightly more towards hoping Croatia come through.

Just now, Sean said:

Croatia look like a team.

Brazil look like a collection of individuals.

Main reason Croatia is comfortable is their midfield. Casemiro is a great player but he is no match for Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic on his own. He needs support. Get Bruno on in place of Paqueta and Brazil can begin to match them in midfield and make life a bit uncomfortable for the Croatian midfield. Right now The Croatian three get the ball and keep knocking it about without breaking a sweat. Getting Bruno in there will force them to compete. 

1 minute ago, rgk_lfc said:

Main reason Croatia is comfortable is their midfield. Casemiro is a great player but he is no match for Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic on his own. He needs support. Get Bruno on in place of Paqueta and Brazil can begin to match them in midfield and make life a bit uncomfortable for the Croatian midfield. Right now The Croatian three get the ball and keep knocking it about without breaking a sweat. Getting Bruno in there will force them to compete. 

Unfortunetly Bruno came on really nervous in all the oportunities he had despite his quality, the coaching staff noticed it and is not using him for this very reason. 

2 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Couldn't agree more.