The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

10 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Do you only remember the negative parts of games?

FFS, you’d think we just got played off the park by Southampton.

800DE394-AEB2-4F1B-B94E-AB0649737748.jpeg

They were clean thru with only pope to beat 3 times in the first half. Only thing I can really remember us doing in first half was Murphy hitting the post. In the 2nd half isak hit the post but martinelli hit the bar and of course they got the 2nd goal 

you can post any stats you want arsenal deserved to win and it was done by 72 mins 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

Jeez can't say anything anymore without the opinion police coming along. 

You've literally just said "have to make Liverpool favourites". 

So I will ask again, are Liverpool favourites or are they they just YOUR favourites?

Just now, STM said:

So I will ask again, are Liverpool favourites or are they they just YOUR favourites?

I honestly wouldn’t bother mate 

Just now, gdm said:

They were clean thru with only pope to beat 3 times in the first half. Only thing I can really remember us doing in first half was Murphy hitting the post. I’m the 2nd half isak hit the post but martinelli hit the bar and of course they got the 2nd goal 

you can post any stats you want arsenal deserved to win and it was done by 72 mins 

Arsenal deserve to win- correct.

Willock missed the best chance of the first half- incorrect.

None of this is any indicator of our likelihood of finishing top 4.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Those who are worried and frustrated are idiots.

Don't have a pop at me though, free world and all that. Works both ways.

Calm down man you are just throwing insults around. You can’t control how people thing and worry. It’s weird behaviour even trying to 

Just now, gdm said:

They were clean thru with only pope to beat 3 times in the first half. Only thing I can really remember us doing in first half was Murphy hitting the post. I’m the 2nd half isak hit the post but martinelli hit the bar and of course they got the 2nd goal 

You don’t remember Willock’s chance in the first half? Or the penalty shout? Or Schar’s header that forced an outstanding save by Ramsdale? 

1 minute ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Same. Missing out in 11/12 didn't feel too bad (regardless of what later happened to Spurs) as we were rarely in the top 4 towards the end of the season and our run in was hard. To miss out on top 4 this season having led by 9 points with 5 to go would be worse than losing the cup final for me.

I don't even think I'd be gutted if we missed out. We should do it, but if we miss out it's only because we're not as good as Liverpool which is pretty obvious anyway. 5th is still a season of over-achievement. 3rd or 4th is still more likely though and is just incredible. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

I honestly wouldn’t bother mate 

Had a few beers and had to listen to two morons in the pub whinging about everything NUFC, as if they were prime Maradona when they played for the dog and duck.

Can't be doing with any negativity in our best season in 25 years.

Just now, STM said:

Arsenal deserve to win- correct.

Willock missed the best chance of the first half- incorrect.

None of this is any indicator of our likelihood of finishing top 4.

Sorry forgot the willock one 

I didn’t say it had anything to do with finishing top 4. I was specifically replying to someone saying we could have won that game. It’s delusional 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Calm down man you are just throwing insults around. You can’t control how people thing and worry. It’s weird behaviour even trying to 

All good mate. Enjoy the final few games behind your sofa cushion. :thup:

Doom-mongers?

The confidence has been a bit OTT recently so adding a more level-headed opinion (about Leeds/Leicester not being guaranteed wins, Brighton are good, hey maybe we won't beat 2nd-placed Arsenal etc) gets labelled as an attention-seeking wetting of beds.

It's called not having your head in the clouds. I found those 97% predictions from Opta/FiveThirtyEight a bit ludicrous. 60/40 more like.

But hey, let's hope Liverpool slip-up and we reach the promised land. That'd be incredible  :smitten:

8 minutes ago, STM said:

They're The People's favourites tbh. 

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

You don’t remember Willock’s chance in the first half? Or the penalty shout? Or Schar’s header that forced an outstanding save by Ramsdale? 

I’ve said I forgot the willock one. The penalty shout wasn’t a penalty, it was basically a shot from distance easily blocked. The point at no point did we deserve to win the game. Silly to say otherwise 

3 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I think we'll still scrape into 4th spot but even if we don't, so fucking what? We'll be in the europa league ffs. Good Times ahead. 

Its would be a massive anticlimax. Losing out to Manu in the final and be frogged by Pool in the last round [emoji38]

Just now, nufc123 said:

Its would be a massive anticlimax. Losing out to Manu in the final and be frogged by Pool in the last round [emoji38]

An incredibly successful season would feel like (and in some ways become) a failure.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

All good mate. Enjoy the final few games behind your sofa cushion. :thup:

I’m all good. I’ll enjoy it until it goes wrong (if it does) just don’t see point in attacking people for having a difference of opinion be it negative or positive. We all think differently we aren’t robots 

Would 100% ruin the season if we finish 5th. Mental to suggest otherwise imo.

Losing the final and then bottling 4th from this position would be really hard to take. Not end of the World, but it would be really fucking hurt.

19 minutes ago, wormy said:

Just telling it like it is. 

No need to call wormy a moron, but FFS  when people say they are telling it like it is.  one of the most cringeworthy statements that one should only expect a racist 93 year old woman from Alabama to say when she is commenting on immigrants.

8 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I think we'll still scrape into 4th spot but even if we don't, so fucking what? We'll be in the europa league ffs. Good Times ahead. 

I agree and get the gist but I'd find it massively disappointing now, like. Gotta be honest.

30 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Nah mate I just forget it’s like proper cool to not express any worry when a 12 point lead has been cut to 3.

Good news is we generally respond quite well to a defeat. I’m down Leeds next week so fingers crossed.

A nine point lead has been cut to three points with a game in hand.

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Strong cope this, mind. It'll take some bottle to not get CL.

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Sorry forgot the willock one 

I didn’t say it had anything to do with finishing top 4. I was specifically replying to someone saying we could have won that game. It’s delusional 

Odegaard scored a legit 1% or 1 out of 100 shot and the other was an own goal. Both sides had decent chances but we had higher xG and were definitely unlucky to lose that never mind lose that 0-2.