The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

33 minutes ago, Jagten said:

We are actually ~1st in most expected points tables. 

I know it happens to all teams but the points we’ve dropped or the chances we’ve missed by some of our main men is actually kinda absurd like. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

If you’re judging anything on the results right now w/r/t to us you’re mad. We’re 5-7 points off where we should be but we’ve hard the hardest run of fixtures I’ve seen for us in 10 matches. Our next turn will be tough too. So surely there will be an easier run when we’re back to full strength 

Injuries have come at a bad time as well. Our next two games are Man U and Arsenal, our chances of getting results in those are obviously going to be affected.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Injuries have come at a bad time as well. Our next two games are Man U and Arsenal, our chances of getting results in those are obviously going to be affected.

A Man United who's entire defence is out injured. I'd say your chances are good. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Varane was on the bench and he starts Maguire and Evans, Christ :lol:

Varane is our best and first choice centre back. Genuinely losing faith in a lot of posters on here if they think he hasn't started because of tactical reasons. :lol:

Jonny Evans is fifth choice.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

If you’re judging anything on the results right now w/r/t to us you’re mad. We’re 5-7 points off where we should be but we’ve hard the hardest run of fixtures I’ve seen for us in 10 matches. Our next turn will be tough too. So surely there will be an easier run when we’re back to full strength 

Don't think this should be underestimated either. I know the fixture list will eventually all even itself out and I'm not whinging but I'd argue we'll have played 23 matches from August to Dec 15th (15 PL, 6 CL & 2 LC) and I think only 4/5 of them could be considered 'easier' fixtures (Sheff U & Bournemouth away and Burnley & Palace home) every other game has been fairly/very difficult. The 8 Cup fixtures have all been against high quality teams and we've already played 8 of the other 12 teams in the current top 13.

When the opposition is so consistently good then any rotation is likely to cost points. I'm not defending anything but the level of teams we've played hasn't led to us being able to rest bodies enough. As I say, I'm not moaning about it but difficult fixtures have to be considered - it will get easier but not for the next 6 weeks or so

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

Aye mate, I just hope somehow you're able to at least field a team and don't have to forfeit.

True. Hopefully their current plight will convince the owners to give Ten Hag some money to spend so he gets a fair crack, and doesn’t have to continue to operate on a shoestring.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

None of the good ones.

You think any of the good ones would swap for Howe? 

Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Ange, De Zerbi, Emery. None of those clubs with those managers would swap their manager for anyone IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You think any of the good ones would swap for Howe? 

Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Ange, De Zerbi, Emery. None of those clubs with those managers would swap their manager for anyone IMO. 

Difference between Howe and Ten Hag is that Howes team got a clear pattern to their game. Im still not sure what Ten Hags philosophy is.

11 minutes ago, midds said:

Don't think this should be underestimated either. I know the fixture list will eventually all even itself out and I'm not whinging but I'd argue we'll have played 23 matches from August to Dec 15th (15 PL, 6 CL & 2 LC) and I think only 4/5 of them could be considered 'easier' fixtures (Sheff U & Bournemouth away and Burnley & Palace home) every other game has been fairly/very difficult. The 8 Cup fixtures have all been against high quality teams and we've already played 8 of the other 12 teams in the current top 13.

When the opposition is so consistently good then any rotation is likely to cost points. I'm not defending anything but the level of teams we've played hasn't led to us being able to rest bodies enough. As I say, I'm not moaning about it but difficult fixtures have to be considered - it will get easier but not for the next 6 weeks or so

Four away games post champions league in a row hasn’t helped either. 

If we are top 6/7 and within 5-8 points of the Top 5 at the turn of the year, I would be pleased, given the way this season has aligned. 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Difference between Howe and Ten Hag is that Howes team got a clear pattern to their game. Im still not sure what Ten Hags philosophy is.

Only if you're watching highlights and taking part in criticism without paying attention to our games. 

Very clear that Ten Hag's style is to push high up the pitch and press for middle and final third turnovers. We've been largely successful at that, but Rashford has been massively misfiring and having your entire defence and defensive midfielder injured means we've conceded far too many. 

32 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Varane is our best and first choice centre back. Genuinely losing faith in a lot of posters on here if they think he hasn't started because of tactical reasons. :lol:

Jonny Evans is fifth choice.

Why wasn't he starting today then? I get that he played on Wednesday and came back from an injury recently, but that was a month ago, so surely he should be starting?

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Why wasn't he starting today then? I get that he played on Wednesday and came back from an injury recently, but that was a month ago, so surely he should be starting?

Because he's never fit.

Trust me. If Ten Hag was legitimately benching Varane for Evans and Maguire he'd be hounded out of the club. He loves Varane, and wanted Maguire gone. 

35 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Only if you're watching highlights and taking part in criticism without paying attention to our games. 

Very clear that Ten Hag's style is to push high up the pitch and press for middle and final third turnovers. We've been largely successful at that, but Rashford has been massively misfiring and having your entire defence and defensive midfielder injured means we've conceded far too many. 

To be honest, Sky Sports studio also said they have no idea what ManU are trying to do. And it has been over a year. 

You can't press with Maguire and Evans at cb.