The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

4 hours ago, cubaricho said:

I don’t believe xG is a useful stat personally so maybe that’s why I also don’t believe Fernandes was “the most creative player in the league” last season either. :lol: 

I used it to reason why he was the best player in the league, not the most creative. I said he was the most creative because he was literally the most creative. :lol: That's fact and not debatable. 

If Villa can maintain their consistency at home they should stay within touching distance of top 4 all season, as always though the common denominator will be down to luck with fitness and injuries. 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

If Villa can maintain their consistency at home they should stay within touching distance of top 4 all season, as always though the common denominator will be down to luck with fitness and injuries. 

Villa have no chance of getting fourth. 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Rod coming out swinging, you love to see it. Unfortunately it’s a bit early in the day for Rod to be leathered. Come back this evening and show Froggy what you’re all about Rod 

He should maybe wait until Wednesday, as there's a fair chance today doesn't end well for Rod and co. We'll be out of the CL tomorrow so he go hell for leather then. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You mean like we had no chance of getting fourth last season? They have one of the best managers in the league, have made Villa Park and absolute fortress, and a place they will barely drop points at. They have a huge amount of depth, and only have to deal with the Conference League. While it's not definite, they 100% can get in this season.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Not arguing, but why are you so certain of that?

I've been impressed with villa so far this season, and see no reason why they can't keep it up much like we did last season.

I'd say pound for pound, they have a slightly better squad than us also.

Even going into the World Cup sitting in third, I still didn't think we'd finish top four. It was only after we'd overcome a rough patch and won three games in a week, including one v our direct rivals that I knew we could do it it. Perhaps that's just me being too cautious.

That's why I think it's too early to be ruling Villa in for fourth. There's a reason only two teams have cracked the big six's domination of it in twenty years, it's a long old season and a rough spell will come. It's all about how they manage and overcome that. Personally, if fourth is beyond us, I hope they do it though.

44 minutes ago, 54 said:

You mean like we had no chance of getting fourth last season? They have one of the best managers in the league, have made Villa Park and absolute fortress, and a place they will barely drop points at. They have a huge amount of depth, and only have to deal with the Conference League. While it's not definite, they 100% can get in this season.

Yes sorry I probably shouldn't have said no chance. They have a 5% chance.

Villa look a waaaay better side than Man Utd.

I look at Man Utds top 4 push the same way I looked at the Spurs title push. They've had a few good results but ultimately they just aren't at that level.

Man Us performances have been awful for ages and performances absolutely do count. They are the indicator for what to expect in the future. 

Out of Villa, Newcastle and Man U, which do you think are more likely to win home games against other top 6 sides? I'd back us and Villa any day over Man U.

Just now, mondonewc said:

The Man U odds were just for my pleasure, it's the simple things in life...

Odds will fluctuate massively anyway. If Villa were to their next game and we were to beat you at the weekend we would be favourites over them for top four.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Odds will fluctuate massively anyway. If Villa were to their next game and we were to beat you at the weekend we would be favourites over them for top four.

I'm still half asleep and convinced you're trolling lol, but I'll bite, you obviously must see that suggesting Villa has a 5% chance of getting top 4 whilst being priced at 2/1 wildly doesn't add up? And yeah future results will have an effect on these odds, I agree :)