The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Five games left and we are 9 points ahead with a superior goal difference. It could technically happen but even them winning all remaining five games is still unlikely.

Not a spot where I would wet my bed.

To be fair on the GD if we do finish level on points they'll probably get very close to us.

Rarely take a point at home but right now I think I'd take it next week against Arsenal.

Looking at those last four fixtures six points seems far more comfortable than seven. Could be a couple of scrappy games in there, wouldn't be shocked to see some draws.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

End of the day if you don't consider that we can catch Arsenal in a serious way, you shouldn't consider that Liverpool could catch us in a serious way.

I think if Liverpool had some challenging games left there wouldn't be any thought they could catch us.

The problem is aside from Villa and possibly Leicester it's hard to see them not winning every game.

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

I think if Liverpool had some challenging games left there wouldn't be any thought they could catch us.

The problem is aside from Villa and possibly Leicester it's hard to see them not winning every game.

We're winning every game at the moment. And tough ones at that.

Edited by Skeletor

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

End of the day if you don't consider that we can catch Arsenal in a serious way, you shouldn't consider that Liverpool could catch us in a serious way.

On 29/04/2023 at 12:47, wormy said:

Not to get ahead of myself (while totally getting ahead of myself) but if we win our game in hand and then beat Arsenal we're only 6 points behind with 4 games each to go.. :shifty:

Wouldn't mind Fat Time Frankie finally breaking his magnificent losing streak this weekend.

Shit.. Maybe I should be worried about Liverpool?

No clue why I couldn't do the basic math though as its 7 points in the above scenario, not 6.

I'm not a psychological expert but I think alot are just so utterly excited about us making CL that they are trying their best to dampen their own expectations, even in such an overwhelmingly positive position which we find ourselves in.

Any other club, and I'd bet my arse that you would all think we are nailed on for CL. [emoji38]

36 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Am i the only one seeing Liverpool getting top 4 at our or Man Utd expense? ?

Seriously they are in great form. Can win games from nothing with their forward line and mainly have home games…

You’re just relentlessly negative that’s all

5 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Not even sure they'll beat Fulham tbh. They should do, but Fulham are well capable of a spoiler result.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm not a psychological expert but I think alot are just so utterly excited about us making CL that they are trying their best to dampen their own expectations, even in such an overwhelmingly positive position which we find ourselves in.

Any other club, and I'd bet my arse that you would all think we are nailed on for CL. [emoji38]

I think the acid test is how many of us would bet against us qualifying? I know I wouldn't despite me tearing my hair out when Liverpool refuse to fuck off quietly. :lol:

3 minutes ago, STM said:

1/25 to qualify at some bookies and in my head at times I'm still thinking its a 50/50 [emoji38] Ashley has been tough on us. 

11 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I think Villa are just starting to run out of steam now.

Also if we win 1 and Liverpool lose 1 in the last 5 it's effectively all over on goal difference. All we would need is a point to be mathematically sure. If we win 2 it's the same regardless of Liverpool winning all their games.

31 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Seriously they are in great form. Can win games from nothing with their forward line and mainly have home games…

We’ve taken 24 of our last 27 points, scoring 26 goals in the process. We’ve conceded 10 goals in that stretch.

They’ve taken 17 of their last 27 points, scoring 25. They’ve conceded 14 goals. 

If they are in great form then what are we doing? I’d like our chances if we were starting on equal ground. Fortunately they have zero margin for error and, while they are dangerous because they are capable of massive results, they are also constantly walking a tightrope at the back. Any of their last three games could have ended in a draw and there could have been no complaints. 

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Listening to Klopp’s abuse of Tierney, I desperate for us to beat those loathsome pricks to Top 4.

Snide little comments at Mason as well.

Truly shown everyone who he really is this season.

Looking at remaining games, Arsenal and Brighton will be tough, but home advantage will be massive for us.

Leeds are dogshit and are probably our most winnable game left. Leicester are showing fight, but we should have too much, particularly under the lights at SJP.

Hopefully it'll be done and dusted by the last day, but Chelsea are an utter mess at the moment. Howe should have Lampard's pants down. 

I fancy at least 10 points from that lot.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:okay:

Fair play mate. :lol:

FWIW I hope we both stay ahead of Liverpool, I used to want Klopp as our manager, now I just consider him a big jaw-grinding chimp who lacks respect. No disrect to chimps btw, highly intelligent animals.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

If you really see this happening, whack your money where your mouth is - it’s 10-1 and above. Put a decent slab in there if you think more likely. 

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Looking at remaining games, Arsenal and Brighton will be tough, but home advantage will be massive for us.

Leeds are dogshit and are probably our most winnable game left. Leicester are showing fight, but we should have too much, particularly under the lights at SJP.

Hopefully it'll be done and dusted by the last day, but Chelsea are an utter mess at the moment. Howe should have Lampard's pants down. 

I fancy at least 10 points from that lot.

:thup: They are all hard games man, but so were the ones we just played. I don't care who we've got to come, look at what we've been doing in the last couple of months.