The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Spurs have massively out performed pretty much every stat going to be where they are , no way will they keep that up all season.

This is it in a nutshell. They started like this last season then flushed like a turd.

23 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Spurs are annoying, like. Was pretty chuffed when Kane left because that at least removed one competitor.... but no.

Still, a 6th-placed finish would be canny.

Aye, they'll level out eventually but the points on the board already is huge. They've given themselves room for a little dip.

On 25/09/2023 at 17:26, The Prophet said:

Aton Villa (h) 5-1 v 4-0 

City (a) 1-0 v 2-0

Liverpool (h) 1-2 v 0-2

Brighton (a) 3-1 v 0-0

Brentford home (h) 1-0 v 5-1

Sheffield United (Leeds) (a) 0-8 v 2-2

Burnley (Leicester) (h) 2-0 v 0-0

West Ham (a) 2-2 v 1-5

+1 points, +3 goal difference.

So a point and a slight improvement on goal difference from the same fixtures last season, not bad.

We only took three points from Palace (h), Wolves (a), Arsenal (h) and Bournemouth (a) last season, so plenty of room for improvement.

Edited by The Prophet

8 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I may be getting ahead of myself, but it certainly feels like we are nearly rot proof now. When we lost 3 in a row, I felt like a typical Howe unbeaten run was around the corner.

Rot proof? Not sure but one has to admit with the injuries and being unbeaten in 4 in the EPL and sitting atop the CL group of death after two matches plus knocking off a disinterested but deadly Man City in the League cup things are looking pretty good at this point.

5 minutes ago, McDog said:

Rot proof? Not sure but one has to admit with the injuries and being unbeaten in 4 in the EPL and sitting atop the CL group of death after two matches plus knocking off a disinterested but deadly Man City in the League cup things are looking pretty good at this point.

I hedged my bets by saying nearly :lol: 

I think this season the bottom half is significantly weaker than the top. So I think any games against the expected bottom 10 is must win really. 

Because it's looking like all our competitors will likely win those games. Spurs won comfortably with 10 against Luton for example. 

However I think the top 7-9 teams on their day could easily beat each other. It's gonna be really close this year who finishes in European places and will depend which teams can put a run together.

Being spread across so many competitions hurts us, especially compared to teams like Spurs who literally only have this and potentially the fa cup to think about now. Which was where we benefitted last year. 

With the start they have made, but for an massive injury crisis, I wouldn't bet against spurs to potential snatch one of those top 4 places. 

Likewise Chelsea are only two points behind us I think and look like they might be turning the corner a little. 

Edited by alexf

10 minutes ago, alexf said:

I think this season the bottom half is significantly weaker than the top. So I think any games against the expected bottom 10 is must win really. 

Because it's looking like all our competitors will likely win those games. Spurs won comfortably with 10 against Luton for example. 

However I think the top 7-9 teams on their day could easily beat each other. It's gonna be really close this year who finishes in European places and will depend which teams can put a run together.

Being spread across so many competitions hurts us, especially compared to teams like Spurs who literally only have this and potentially the fa cup to think about now. Which was where we benefitted last year. 

With the start they have made, but for an massive injury crisis, I wouldn't bet against spurs to potential snatch one of those top 4 places. 

Likewise Chelsea are only two points behind us I think and look like they might be turning the corner a little. 

however Chelsea haven’t played 5 of the top 7 have they? Or even close? (Genuine question)

With the relative lack quality of the lower half of the league, the teams who play aggressively and finish their chances will be in and amongst the CL places. We can definitely be one of those teams.

The key thing this year though is to win your head-to-heads against your rivals for that spot (and there’s quite a few this season).