The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

If it comes to goal difference ours will be at least 2 less.  So Liverpool would need worse case to win 5-0.

I think if it came to goal difference they would do it.  So point is still 90% required.

I just realised they're playing Southampton their final match too. Fuck:lol:

10 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Am I right that at most, Liverpool can only match our 69 points? So as long as they don't make up the +7 goal difference in our favour, we don't even need the points anymore?

Without being Nelly Negative, they’re six behind and if we lost both games to Leicester and Chelsea 2-0 they’d only need a 3-0 v Southampton to claw us in.

Think we get the point v Leicester to make it mathematically certain. Play the stiffs v Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Hard luck today. Really thought you would get the winner with 10 mins of injury time. 

The only bad thing about today is that you get to gloat too

11 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

7402ADE3-C8DF-4741-A4EA-33E52319D63A.thumb.jpeg.942b0052ad33de6d792b2dd2b21dcf61.jpeg

Fix that next season and we’re fucking laughing. 

Always look at this and think it's mad how we're actually about 8 goals away from this season being a title run.

1 minute ago, maze said:

Why do we require one point? Don’t we beat them on GD anyway?

If it came down to GD then we've lost twice so our GD would be at the most +5 on Liverpool with them playing Southampton so it would be nervous enough. 

Edited by Decky

Just now, maze said:

GD would be bloody close if we happened to lose our last two games and they play against Southampton 

Just now, maze said:

If we were to lose to Leicester there would be at least 6 goals in it, we could then lose at Chelsea taking more off. Liverpool are capable of putting 4/5 easily past saints. Chill though as we’re winning on Monday 

1 minute ago, maze said:

So we can sign off in style by winning the CL place in front of our own fans.

The only thing putting a hint of doubt in my mind is the fact we literally don’t have a midfield. Perfect excuse to play Isak as a no.10 this, not that I’m happy with him playing second fiddle to Callum beyond this season. 

7 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I just realised they're playing Southampton their final match too. Fuck:lol:

Yeah.  If Chelsea beat us it could easily be by a couple of they are ahead and  relax.  So I think the point will be needed.  Please god let us have a midfield and do it Monday.  I can’t handle a week waiting for the Chelsea game. 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

The only thing putting a hint of doubt in my mind is the fact we literally don’t have a midfield. Perfect excuse to play Isak as a no.10 this, not that I’m happy with him playing second fiddle to Callum beyond this season. 

Yeah I've been a bit worried about that midfield as well, glad we only need a point now. I'm still thinking we win it, but Leicester still have some good players. If we end up playing wingers or defenders in the middle it might not look great.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Yeah I've been a bit worried about that midfield as well, glad we only need a point now. I'm still thinking we win it, but Leicester still have some good players. If we end up playing wingers or defenders in the middle it might not look great.

I reckon Howe goes super attacking. Score first, very very unlikely we lose and thus Champions League.

Just now, samptime29 said:

I reckon Howe goes super attacking. Score first, very very unlikely we lose and thus Champions League.

Well it will certainly be an interesting watch, will be an open game if Anderson is in there instead of Joelinton. :lol:

Brilliant result and we're in a fantastic position but let's be clear: we still need a point against Leicester. We don't want to go into the last game needing something against Chelsea while Liverpool play a relegated So'ton with another 20 minutes added time.

Leicester are probably the team I've watched the most this season besides us due to mates from my undergrad days: score first and they'll crumble. Especially in the atmosphere that will be there on Monday. They're absolutely gutless.