The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Villa will come unstuck at some point over the next few games, as good as they've been. We just need to get the win against Spurs next week and I think we will.

There's no way we come out next week anything other that raring to go. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just need to make sure we beat Spurs which is what we needed anyway. 9 points from Man Utd at home plus West Ham, Brentford and Villa away is more than we'd have expected.

This is it, for me. Trying to remain positive after that absolute shitshow. But I thought 5-7 points would be a decent return from the 3 away games. So 6 is bang in the middle and a good haul. Just a shame the loss was off an awful performance. 

By the sounds of it. That is by far the worst we have played all season and the only hammering we have taken under Howe since what, Man City away last season? Got to look at the bigger picture.

This result should not define our season. That game seems like the exception to the rule that we’re solid and hard to beat. I’m hoping it’s just a one off! 

If we roll over like that and get twatted against Spurs. Then I’ll start to worry. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

As other posters have said 6 points from these away fixtures has been a greater return.

I will say however I’m a bit taken aback at the sheer gulf in quality between us and Villa today. We have been taken apart, it was never a close game.

It’s a bit concerning, especially with Spurs up next. 

I would be concerned if we hadn't at the very least matched all the top sides this season when we've played them, was just one of them games today where we didn't even really start.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

I would be concerned if we hadn't at the very least matched all the top sides this season when we've played them, was just one of them games today where we didn't even really start.

Exactly. Apart from Arsenal and Man City. Have any teams in the league not had ‘a bad day at the office’ and one of those games where every player is miles off it? 

Luckily for us, we’ve only really had one where it’s lasted the full game and that’s the only loss of 4 in the league. Where we have been comprehensively beaten and played off the park. 

After 30 games, that’s not bad going. If it started becoming a regular occurrence and it happened next week, then against Brighton and others. Then obviously that would be a concern. 

Just now, Ace said:

The margin for error is now significantly thinner

It really isn’t unless you expected us to win every game left. Most of the pessimism in here is based on everyone thinking the teams around and behind us are going to win every game. All of these teams are going to drop points. 

We need to beat Spurs next week though to maintain any sort of comfort. Biggest game of the season.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Villa are defo in the race

The blow of losing today would really be softened if it meant they ended up going past Tottenham & Man Utd for 4th.....provided we end up 3rd of course :lol:

Plenty of bumps to come for all teams chasing top 4. Spurs will keep being spurs, so they'll probably win when they shouldn't then lose when you wouldn't expect it. I fully back us to beat them at home next weekend, need everyone up for it. Man Utd have lost players but have an easier run in. 

Losing isn't ideal especially against a team that is chasing you, but 15 points from 6 games is a great outcome. Spurs are the main rivals so losing this and beating them next week is a better result than drawing both. Still confident and I'd expect a response. 

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It really isn’t unless you expected us to win every game left. Most of the pessimism in here is based on everyone thinking the teams around and behind us are going to win every game. All of these teams are going to drop points. 

We need to beat Spurs next week though to maintain any sort of comfort. Biggest game of the season.

Course it is if we won today we could still afford to lose at least 3 now it’s at least 2 that’s a pretty significant drop.

I agree Spurs is where our season is decided pretty much

Said it s couple of times, but the last couple of games bought us a coupe of losses. We've used one up in our remaining away game to a top half team.

In the last eight, five wins or four wins and could of draws should still see us home.

46 minutes ago, duo said:

Villa are defo in the race

They are 6 points behind us and Man Utd, with us having a game in hand on them and Man Utd having 2. Yes they are in a race, but they are a little far back and it would be a collapse from us or Man Utd if they caught either of us.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Said it s couple of times, but the last couple of games bought us a coupe of losses. We've used one up in our remaining away game to a top half team.

In the last eight, five wins or four wins and could of draws should still see us home.

Mixed bag of fixtures for us. Leicester and Southampton at home look decent opportunities. As do Leeds and Everton away, although tricky against teams fighting relegation. 

Arsenal I can’t see us getting much out of. Chelsea, who knows. Would be awful going into the last game of the season still needing a result there. 

Spurs and Brighton are both massive, for obvious reasons. Being at home makes it a bit easier. But next week is our biggest game of the season, for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Beth said:

Five wins needed from last eight, as long as one of them is vs Spurs.

If we win 5/8 including Spurs, Spurs would need to win 5 and draw one of their last 6? I think 4 does it as long as Spurs is one of the 4.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

19 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't think Villa are in the race at all this season, bit worried about them next season though.

They are 2 wins behind us, they might not be in the best position but they are definitely there