The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just as a quick refresher, maximum points totals possible:

Man United - 81

Us - 80

Brighton - 73

Liverpool - 71

Spurs - 69

Villa - 69

A lot of games between the sides too, including:

Man United v Villa

Brighton v Man United

Us v Brighton

Brighton v Spurs

Liverpool v Spurs

Liverpool v Villa

Brighton v Villa

Lampard has aged so badly since he became a manager, the stress clearly gets to him. Doesn’t come across like he’s cut out mentally for it.

Edited by Nine

What a time to be an eternal optimist. We'll trounce Southampton and there'll be draws all round in the other games that matter to us, then everyone will join me on a 9.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

What a time to be an eternal optimist. We'll trounce Southampton and there'll be draws all round in the other games that matter to us, then everyone will join me on a 9.

Personally still worried about Villa.

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

I'm converted, but you've got to give it Emery for the job he's done.

If they hadn't started off so poorly with Slippy, they could have really been a threat 

They definitely will be next year. Exciting! 

Maybe, but Europe can be damaging to league form, especially if playing Thursday evenings. Look at West Ham.

It really depends how much Villa can invest and how those signings turn out.

If we get Europe, there's a good case for needing a LB, CB, RB, CM and Winger / Forward all capable of playing big minutes.

Can't expect Schar, Trippier and an already thin on the ground to play 50+ games. 

That's £150m+ on investment. Can villa commit similarly? Not sure what their financial situation looks like..

Edited by BlazeT44

Hope Villa get 5th (or 4th with us getting 3rd…..won’t happen though….). Great for the league if some different teams get into the top 6.

Would like Arsenal to win but I think they’ve thrown it away. 

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Hope Villa get 5th (or 4th with us getting 3rd…..won’t happen though….). Great for the league if some different teams get into the top 6.

Would like Arsenal to win but I think they’ve thrown it away. 

Agree with the sentiment, just replace 'Villa' with 'Brighton'. Still can't stand that lot!

16 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Personally still worried about Villa.

Villa don't worry, Liverpool on the other hand... They have a run of fixtures now where they could win every one of them and it wouldn't shock me at at all. Villa still have to go to Old Trafford, go to Wolves (local derby), and go to LIverpool. 

Blaming West Hams shite season on Europe is doing Moyes a massive favour, by the way.

In the summer they recruited players that didn't suit his system whatsoever and continued to play dullard football.

He's been saved by the quality they have in their squad but ultimately their failures have been down to his management as much as the extra workload in Europe.

Emery won't make the same mistakes, he knows the pitfalls like the back of his hand and will recruit the correct players.

They will finish top 8 again next year and have a good run in Europe.

Football is far too chaotic for me to think it's done like. Arsenal fans thought it was done 2 or 3 games ago and now it's almost certainly all over. 

Really confident though obviously. Last night was a massive step for me, if we do what you would expect us to do and win on Sunday I'll probably lose the residual worry about us being the Newcastle that I've known for the best part of the last 30 odd years.