The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, wiseman said:

At this point, even if we finish 5th it's still an amazing season, but the concern for me would be the psychological impact on the team, losing so many points in such a short period of time at such a crucial part of the season, how do they go into the office season, hows the moral.

I'm sure Howe will be able to steady it all, but there's definitely elements of the fans that would be vocal about how they feel after a poor run of 5 games that it would take.  And again, 5th would still be an absolutely amazing achievement considering most had a goal of top 10 at the start of the season

Concerned about the potential effects of the potential collapse? Fucking hell, calm down and enjoy the good times after all the garbage years.

This is easily the worst thread in the whole forum now but I still can’t stay away. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Pata said:

Concerned about the potential effects of the potential collapse? Fucking hell, calm down and enjoy the good times after all the garbage years.

This is easily the worst thread in the whole forum now but I still can’t stay away. :lol:

I did say it'd still be an amazing season, but this thread really is bringing out the pessimist in all of us[emoji38]wait until next year when we're stressing about being 4 points away from top of the table!

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Just checked the table, looks like spurs could end up with conference football next season which is perfect for buggering next season up for them too.

Aye, hoping for this as well. It would be a crease if they dropped out of the European places altogether but it does give whoever they appoint a much easier time of it next season. Think I’d prefer them in the Europa proper, though, so they’re arsed about trying to win it.

I’m concerned about the negative mental impact not finishing in the Top 4 might have on my grandkids who aren’t even born yet. 

If they’re ever conceived and born, they’ll hear about how we blew it from this great position and they’ll probably never be able to feel optimistic about anything in their lives ever.

I won’t lie, it’s putting a real dampener on this season. I often wish it was still the Ashley era and we had a moribund threadbare club with zero ambition.

Being a well run, high performing club who could actually achieve success, it has some major downsides.

Worrying. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

22 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Yeah it's a problem for Man Utd. They are class at home and beating the weaker teams but their away record against better sides is wank. 

The Spurs one is the one that hurts the most. I'd have taken a draw before the game, but being 2-0 up and coasting and then dropping points was unforgivable.

Man United are just suffering massively from the injuries to Varane and Martinez, also Rashford not scoring at the same rate doesn't help.

I actually thought their defence did well to cope with Brighton given the changes.

It can't be underestimated how much Varane and Martinez help Man United retain possession for longer, as well as being obviously good defenders.

West Ham away is not the game they need either. As shocking as West Ham have been this year, they will be well up for a visit from Man United. 

Tbh I think Man U defence is better than they are given credit for. Injuries havent helped them either. Obviously need to buy a striker next season.

They are too easy to beat away if you're a good side though. All of their losses away were fully deserved.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh injuries have hit them

hard.  Fixtures still too easy to fuck up top 4.  

Brighton fixtures too hard to be a threat.  

Think they’ve got a minimum of 10 points in them - all three home games are wins (Wolves, Chelsea and Fulham) and I think at least a draw at Bournemouth which takes them to 73 and out of range of LiVARpool. They’ll be fine unless they fuck up one of the home games and that opens the door to the Scouse cheats.

Just now, samptime29 said:

Man U should definitely be fine. But if Liverpool win and Man U don't beat West Ham, there may be a few nerves kicking in.

I don’t think they will. Volume of games is starting to kick in now and West Ham will be bang up for it this weekend. Fancy the Hammers to win that one. All depends on whether Brentford can put a dent in the scousers though.

On the radio before they were giving the odds out for the top 4, and they mentioned the battle for it and just said it was between Man Utd and Liverpool, obviously assuming we have our place.

It was one of their betting partner experts who was saying it as well.

19 minutes ago, Stifler said:

On the radio before they were giving the odds out for the top 4, and they mentioned the battle for it and just said it was between Man Utd and Liverpool, obviously assuming we have our place.

It was one of their betting partner experts who was saying it as well.

IMG_4535.jpeg

Edited by PauloGeordio

Beginning of the season I would have bitten your hand off for 5th place.

Whatever happens. Whatever the outcome, this has been the best season in a long time. 

I will go into these last 5 games with a "nothing to lose" attitude. 

This is where we have wanted to be for so long. 

Amanda/Eddie have brought back the pride and the hope. 

So please dear forum. Please dont spiral out of control. Always remember where we came from

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Beginning of the season I would have bitten your hand off for 5th place.

Whatever happens. Whatever the outcome, this has been the best season in a long time. 

I will go into these last 5 games with a "nothing to lose" attitude. 

This is where we have wanted to be for so long. 

Amanda/Eddie have brought back the pride and the hope. 

So please dear forum. Please dont spiral out of control. Always remember where we came from

That’s just it, we are nearly back to where we came from with obscene possibilities to boot(depending on your starting point as a fan obviously) but yes an unbelievable year, outstanding effort from all involved. One city, one club United! :indi:

Essentially hoping you are paying £20 for us to finish in the top 4 

Yes that's  a small price to pay when we do.

But nice to have insurance to ease the pain if we go Bruce in the final games. 

Edited by prefabtoon